Left Handed Build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Handed Build?

Hey, does anyone know of someone who makes a left handed upper besides Stag Arms?
    And how about making a bolt work for it? Can I use a 7.62x39 bolt? Can't specifically find anyone that makes a true 6.5 Grendel bolt. I don't think anyone makes them. Thanks guys.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

No left handed Grendel uppers. If you headspaced it correctly and found a left handed 7.62 bolt you could do it, but 7.62 bolt quality has been spotty in the past.

Comment

I know a few lefty's and the consensus is that a left handed AR is not needed.

get an AMBI selector, sling plate, possibly bolt release but that is truly not necessary.

Comment

I asked the same question at the gun shop and was told nobody makes a bolt for the 65G with the left handed extractor.

Comment

Ya I like the brass not flying across my face. All my other guns are lefties. Was hoping to do the same here. Have to ponder this awhile. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Well, the left hand build is going to happen. I believe I have it worked out. I will post picks as time passes. I found A left handed bolt that will work and a couple minor chamber adjustments and we should be a go.... This may be the first left hand Grendel in existence when done. Giddeee up!!

Comment

• Ridgerider

There is a company here in Idaho that makes a complete ambidextrous ar15 that can eject the spent case to the right or the left and are working on a lefty Grendel. Their billet upper is so slick and smooth and can be bought as a kit to convert any rifle to an ambi they also offer the upper receiver in Lefty and a standard righty. They are Qualityarmsidaho.com take a look at the video which shows the prototype in action.

Comment

Left Hander Complete

Just finished the custom left hand build and it is sweeeet! pics are up.

Comment

Black Hole Weaponry is doing left handed uppers. They will be supplying left handed bolts in 223/264 head size. At this time they are waiting for the modified bolt latch so they will be compatible with their upper as it does run an ejection port that opens DOWN not up like the STAG. The tell me the latches should be here any time.

Here is one of their left handed railed uppers that they sent me last week. I am trying to decide what to build on it. Possibly a 17/223 as it is the small bolt face. The rails are smooth as a baby butt and help prevent carrier tilt.

Greg
                  PS: That odd area below the rail is where I scratched the snot out of it by dropping the BCG on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X