Gas block question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas block question

I intend to install a 24" Satern LBC 264 barrel on a Mega rifle length monolithic

With an O.D. Of .875 what would be the best gas block and tube to use on this barrel and upper.

It may be a while before I get all this stuff and I am trying to get everything in place so things go as smoothly as possible with not too many Oh s#%ts

Any guidance here would be much appreciated

Thanks
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I'm using an Armalite gas block on a very similar build. Their .875 version is available in black and stainless:

Any rifle-length gas tube should suffice.

Not a good pic, but here's my 19.5" Satern in a Mega mono upper utilizing the Armalite block:

Drifter

Comment

Gas block

Thanks drifter

It appears that a low profile block is not necessarily needed using the longer barrel with a rifle length mono upper, based on what I see in the pic

Would this be correct ?.

Thanks

Peter

Comment

• Drifter
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Correct. With Mega rifle-length monolithic upper, along with rifle-length gas port location on the barrel, the gas block will be exposed. Thus, it expands your options regarding .875 gas blocks.

The only thing to look out for is that some of the combination gas block / folding front sight versions in .875 size might be intended for the larger AR-10 type platform, and the sight height wouldn't be correct with the AR-15. Otherwise, you should be okay with most any .875 block.
        Drifter

Comment

G/B

Excellent info

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          X