Grendel and the AK-47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grendel and the AK-47

What do you all think of the Grendel in an AK? Krebs Custom has done a prototype fed with AR mags that holds 1.5 MOA with Wolf MPT. Consistantly rings LaRue Sniper plates @ 550 yds. and hit the plate with 7 rds out of 20 fired at 800 yards!

It was featured in "The Complete Book of the AK" third annual issue; on stands now.

I love it and can't wait till somone starts producing quality barrels for the home builder and for conversions.

Magnolia State Armory currently makes a temp snap in magwell converter and, is soon to roll out a new permanant AK to AR magwell converter called the B.A.S.T.A.R.D.

I will post a pic of the converter as soon as available for thost interested in taking the beauty that is th 6.5 in the next likely direction.

The idea of upgrading the AK to handle the Grendel has an almost poetic appeal, considering the paths both the cartridge and the rifle have followed!

I've also been told that the AK can be a moderately accurate rifle with groups of 1 moa and better. Will believe when I see, but the thought is intriguing!

Those who dabble with the notion of a "universal infantry cartridge" would do well to consider both the AK-47 and the AR-15 rifles as targets for implementation. Adding the AK slightly increases the market potential...

Comment

Please do post a picture of the magwell conversion when you get a chance. Does the Krebs conversion have a mechanism for bolt hold open? That's one thing about the AK that I don't like.

I wonder if the cartridge taper of the Grendel is a good match for the AK74 mag. Just thinking out loud.

Comment

I will post a pic of the new permenent mag well conversion when available. You can go to Magnolia State Armory and see the snap in magwell now ; simply run a search for them. I do believe Marc Krebs did incorperate a Last round bolt hold open into his prototypr 6.5G AK. It is currently just a prototype; if you are interested in buying a complete AK in 6.5g from him, please do call and express to him so, as the more interest he gets the more likely he will start a production of the beautiful creature. MSA (Magnolia State Armory) also has a Last Round Bolt Hold Open conversion parts in the works. He has a working prptotype but there is currently no time line for production.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-20-2011, 01:03 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Working...
        X