Wrench & Grease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrench & Grease?

Any recommendations for a particular barrel wrench?

Grease for barrel threads?

• seatleroadwr

I used Brownell's barrel assembly paste and it worked well. Bill Alexander recommends blue loctite instead. I tried the loctite yesterday and it worked fine. The barrel wrench I use is made by Tapco and Midway sells it. No problems so far. I've used it on 3 rifles.

Comment

• rasp65
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

This is the wrench that I use http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detai...86710&CAT=4215 Make sure whatever grease you use does not contain graphite(very bad for aluminium) don't just go by the label check the MSDS.

Comment

Hey all you more knowledgeable builders out there, What is the correct torque for the barrel nut?? I have read anywhere from 30 lbs. to 50 lbs.. My Colt manual (CM102) sez 30lbs. WHO's right??? Thank's for Your Help.

A recent discussion, in which Bill Alexander recommends Loctite 243 for both the barrel extension and barrel threads. I've used assembly compound I bought at the auto parts store with good results.

As far as barrel wrench I've got the DPMS armorers tool. It does the job but I wouldn't buy another one. The pins for the barrel nut are just a bit off making it a fight to get it on the nut. I had to grind down the thickness to get it on the flash suppressor. Not a quality tool at least the one I have.

Comment

Working...
        X