• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blacklab
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

Need a little help with bolt

Hey all.
    I received my AA 18in barrel upper an bolt the other day. Have it all together now the bolt won't engage the chamber. Could the barrel be to tight? I started @ 60 lbs then alined my gas block. On a prebuild all went together well then when I tightn it all up it seems to be hitting the top of the chamber. I already lossened the yh free float forarm. Is it posibble to tighten the barrel to tight? Any Ideas, it really has me scratching my head. No! I don't fleas . Thanks guys
    Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

I wouldn't think the problem is that the barrel nut is too tight. The headspace is independent of that. To separate the issues, try inserting your bolt into the barrel extension without the bolt carrier attached. It could be the alignment of the carrier key to the gas tube.
    Bob

Comment

• Blacklab
      Warrior
      • Mar 2012

Thanks stokesrj. I just figured it out. The gas tube was a little tweeked at the end to the bolt. Moved it over a tad w/ a flat head screw driver, all good. Thank you.
      Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

Working...
      X