Satern Barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satern Barrels

Hello all. I have been looking into a Satern barrel since it looks like it will be 'till next year when I finally get my 24" AA lite. I see they also offer 28"+ barrels. Can a > than 28" barrel cycle well in an AR-15 platform?

I was considering the 28" they have in stock, but it looks like a heavier profile and it's not threaded. I ordered the 24" lite from AA, but I have mild concerns that the POI will stray after a few shots on a hot day, especially considering that a heavier barrel won't hold me back much walking 400 yards or so to my stand. The threaded barrel isn't a deal breaker, but the thought of a muzzle break seemed nice. I guess I am trying to ask if yall' would jump on the heavier barrel or not.
  • Lead Chucker

Satern barrels are top notch! But the only way i would buy a 28" barrel is if i only have to carry it 5 feet from my vehicle to the spot where im going to shoot it. I have a 18" satern for hunting & some long range shooting & for me it does the job. The 28" for me is just to heavy & hard to get around in the woods.

Comment

Does anybody know the current wait time at Satern?

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
        Chieftain
        • May 2012

6+ months I have had one on order since may I'm looking at late October at best last time I talked to them
        Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

email kim and tell her what you want, they will give you a wait time and price.

Comment

Great barrels. Even if you have to wait you wont regret it.

Comment

• Drifter
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Allen View Post
              Hello all. I have been looking into a Satern barrel since it looks like it will be 'till next year when I finally get my 24" AA lite. I see they also offer 28"+ barrels. Can a > than 28" barrel cycle well in an AR-15 platform?

I was considering the 28" they have in stock, but it looks like a heavier profile and it's not threaded. I ordered the 24" lite from AA, but I have mild concerns that the POI will stray after a few shots on a hot day, especially considering that a heavier barrel won't hold me back much walking 400 yards or so to my stand. The threaded barrel isn't a deal breaker, but the thought of a muzzle break seemed nice. I guess I am trying to ask if yall' would jump on the heavier barrel or not.
              Depends greatly upon you. A barrel that is too heavy and / or too long for an individual and their application won't get much use. That being said, Satern barrels are very good. You might consider one of their fluted models.

Watch for barrels on hand (Satern website), and check gunbroker periodically. A 24" fluted under the handguard with threaded muzzle will appear occasionally.
              Drifter

Comment

I called Satern today and they said that they are about in January now. I asked her when they would have barrels back in stock and she said she had no idea. Looks like I just have to be a bit more patient for my AA.

Comment

Working...
                X