Milspec RifleBuffer and tube
    Rock River 2-stage trigger & matched competition lower parts kit
    Kies Anti-rotating pins
    JP enterprises 3.5lb trigger springs
    Kies Oversized take down pins
    Magpul BAD lever
    Magpul MOE+ grip
    Magpul PRS stock

I plan on going with a Nickel-Boron BCG and a 20"-24" barrel, no idea on hand guard, optics, comp or brake or bipod yet.
    Attached Files
  • Captain Nick

Looking good! I have a PRS on one of my heavy barrel 5.56 ARs and I love it. My 6.5 upper is an AA 19.5" with round carbon fiber free float tube, the lower I'm using is a Colt 6920 with Geissele trigger, Magpul CTR and MOE, BAD lever and AFG, all in Foliage. I wish I could figure out how to include a photo. I'm computer illiterate. Ha.

Comment

I didn't see an upper receiver in your list.

Vltor MUR, FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by JDub View Post
        I didn't see an upper receiver in your list.

Vltor MUR, FTW!

I have not figured out that end of things yet. Have a baby at home currently and that has tied up some funds for a while.

Comment

Welcome. Looks like a great foundation. Are you going to have a custom barrel made?

Comment

Ok, I have out off the build long enough and am now coming back to it, I have acquired a AA hard use bolt and a Kies Nickel Boron carrier, I am on a search for a 18" barrel now and am trying to get one. had an interesting conversation with Black Hole Weaponry today about why I shouldn't use a Type II bolt and use a Type I, needless to say I am torn and need to really do some more research on barrel. I am going with a adjustable gas block and a rifle length gas set up, already got a BCM upper on the way. Any barrel tips would be appreciated

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

The only reason to use "type I" bolts was supply. It no longer has that advantage. Go with the AA(type II) bolt you have.
              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• cst
                Warrior
                • Jan 2014

Lilja is doing another small run of grendel barrels!

Comment

• Overwatcher

Don't waste your time with a 264 BHW bbl.Their 5.56 barrels have shot well for me,but their 264 LBC and 243 lbc barrels were a bad nightmare.I have also had some debate with them and the type 1-2 bolts on the BHW forums...No thanks on the type 1...

Comment

Originally posted by cst View Post
                    This^^^ Get in on a Lilja... they will make my next barrel for sure.

Comment

Is there a group buy for the Lilja or just by going to their site?

Comment

Originally posted by cst View Post
                        Further details?

Comment

• burkew23
                          Warrior
                          • May 2013

I just got one from the group buy and it's a work of art.
                          Here's a link to there website:

Grendel info is at the bottom of the page.

Contour specifications for 6.5 Grendel barrels:

At the time of our 6.5 Grendel barrel introduction (January 2014) we are making these available in four contours. These are the AR740 and AR 24 contours shown above as standards for the 204's and .223's and in addition we are also stocking two mid-length gas system contours; our 17" long contour 304 and 19" long contour 318. To see drawings of these contours click on the designation: AR740, AR24, 304, 319. All 6.5 Grendel barrels are threaded at the muzzle with a 5/8"-24 thread - (although the linked drawings above may show 1/2-28).

The 6.5 Grendel barrels are headspaced using a Maxim Firearms bolt. Headspace may not be correct with our barrel using an Alexander Arms or LBC bolt. Bolts are not included. We suggest contacting Maxim Firearms for an MF bolt at 928-486-2296.

Barrel extensions are an M4 type.

Comment

• burkew23
                            Warrior
                            • May 2013

Also check out Drifters results with his Lilja barrel in post #43 on this thread

Thought I'd start a thread to see how everyone's Lilja builds end up. Here's the build list: Lilja 20" 740 1-9 Twist Crowned Rainier Ultramatch upper Troy Handguard SLR Rifleworks Gas Block Wilson Combat Gas tube (at tube is a tube, but hey, why not) JP bolt carrier Carbine buffer with rifle spring MagPul PRS

Comment

My question is am I going to have to buy another bolt

Comment

Working...
                              X