• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

New 6.5 Grendel

Just got my latest AR build together last Thursday and got it to the range for sight in. I used a PSA blemished upper and lower, RRA NM LPK, Hogue over molded float tube, PSA mil spec 6 position stock and buffer, PSA M-16 bolt carrier, J P Int. adjustable gas block and Shilen 20" SS match barrel. I'm not sure if I'm going to paint camo or what at this point. Going to start saving for a new scope.

Targets were shot at 100 yards off bi-pod. I know this build will shoot better I just need better technique.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 11-18-2012, 08:55 PM.

Nice rifle, looks like your having fun with it.

Comment

Put a rear bag on it the next time you take it out, and see how well it groups. Nice rifle. What make is that scope?

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Unfortunately I was using a rear bag. I'm trying to learn to shoot a rifle scope with both eyes open. I'll be 57 in March and my eyes won't hold focus very long shooting with one eye closed. The scope is a 2.5 X 10 X 50, Mil Dot, SFP, AO, lighted reticle sold by Xander's supply as Famous Maker. Chinese import in a RRA mount but it has fairly decent glass. I doubt if it will track up and down as good as my Leupold. I had this scope on a Colt Competition Heavy Barrel but needed a scope for my Shilen barreled 6.5 Grendel. It will do till I have saved up for better glass, LRRPF52 you've got me looking at Vortex. The Vortex I've seen in person seem to be a good scope for the money.

I need to get a bag that fits better under the pistol grip or stock. I was also shooting off a wooden home made shooting bench not a concrete table. To bad I'm so lazy as I really need to get in better physical shape, I know It couldn't hurt my shooting.

Comment

Working...
        X