Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Castor Troy

Assembly tips

I've built several ARs in the past, but I've never built one where high accuracy was the primary goal. With this build, that's exactly what I want. Obviously, starting with quality components is a must. To that end, this is my component list:

18" heavy barrel(lothar walther blank) & matched bolt
    PSA LPK
    Giessele G2S trigger (if it ever comes out)
    Centurion C4 10" rail
    Aero Precision upper
    Magpul CTR with Larue RISR
    Vortex 6-24x50 mil/mil scope

As far as assembly goes, are there any tricks to help increase accuracy? I've read that bedding the barrel to the upper with Loctite 620 or similar can help. What other tricks are there?

Obligatory image of the parts I have received so far...

• Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Castor Troy View Post

As far as assembly goes, are there any tricks to help increase accuracy?
    Drifter

Comment

Though not dispositive, this would suggest that the trigger is available:

Comment

• Castor Troy

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
        Though not dispositive, this would suggest that the trigger is available:
        http://geissele.com/pdfs/G2S_flyer_wTriggerScan2.pdf

According to their thread of arfcom, they aren't out yet and will be available soon.

Comment

Its just my opinion but i would opt for a crown on the end of the barrel vs. threading it if you were going for all out accuracy. Thats a good scope I enjoy mine, its the MOA reticle though. If your going for distance shooting i would get a little longer barrel. It really depends on your objective use for the gun. A good bolt carrier which is going to be like finding a can of beans after nuclear fallout right now. A bipod would be a good addition if your going to shoot from the bench. Keeps you pretty consistent. As someone has already listed a good trigger will be key. I have a trigger from Alexander Arms which is the tactical trigger. I have it adjusted at about 2.8 lbs. And it has no take up. When you put your finger on the trigger and pull its to fire. Good luck with your build. I noticed you dont have a lower in the parts list. That will be one of the items you need to try to secure in case there is a ban. Oh and Castor i want your Gold .45s

Comment

• Drifter
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

If you're set on that 10" rail, you're gonna want a barrel with midlength gas. A rifle-length gas length on the barrel would leave ~2"+ of exposed gas tube with that shorter handguard.
            Drifter

Comment

Seeing a good friend rifles shoot tiny groups with no effort, the barrel, trigger and scope are the most important items. He has a match grade barrel, Timney trigger and Night Force scope. The lower is an S&W and the upper is a DPMS, It's ugly but the rifle shoots! Oh yeah, he has a good JP handguard.

Comment

• Castor Troy

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
                If you're set on that 10" rail, you're gonna want a barrel with midlength gas. A rifle-length gas length on the barrel would leave ~2"+ of exposed gas tube with that shorter handguard.

I guess I assumed that an 18" would have a midlength. Contacted CSS and the barrel I'm getting is rifle length. But, my brother wants the 10" rail, so now I have to find a 12"

Comment

• Castor Troy

getting closer....still waiting on CSS barrel/bolt, scope rings from liberty optics, the CTR stock from larue.

Comment

Working...
                  X