• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tracker12
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Trigger Recommendation

Looking to do another build and looking for a decent but reasonably priced trigger. What has been working for you.
    AR's make shooting fun again!
  • Konocti's Wigwam
    Warrior
    • Sep 2023

Originally posted by tracker12 View Post
    Looking to do another build and looking for a decent but reasonably priced trigger. What has been working for you.
    What type of firearm are you using it on? AR (semi-auto) or bolt?

For ARs I use Velocity, the owner worked at Timney, but they've been in business for about 15 years, AFAIK. I've had some over 10 years. I use both the classic curved and classic straight.

For bolt, I like Jewell. But unfortunately, they stopped producing triggers. I have one for a bolt I'll build, but that won't be a solution unless you can find one for sale on the used market. I have no affiliation, just a satisfied user for more than 10 years.

From my cold dead endmill...

Comment

• tracker12
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

Its for an AR.

Comment

• jasper2408
        Warrior
        • Jan 2019

I like TriggerTech triggers. Midway has the whole lineup of their triggers and also have the Duty version (which is set at 3.5lbs and and comes in either curved or straight) for about $130.00.

They show both Single stage and Double stage versions of each in stock. The trigger pull weight on this trigger is not adjustable.

Double Stage

Single Stage

Not sure what the "Access Denied" is about on the links.
        Last edited by jasper2408; 03-10-2024, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
          Warrior
          • Sep 2023

Originally posted by jasper2408 View Post
          I like TriggerTech triggers
          I would say the TriggerTech and Timney are the 2 most popular, but the TriggerTech is very very popular.

The ELF is another one that people like, but I hear people clamoring mostly over TriggerTech and Timney.

Whatever trigger you end up with, spend some time with it so you get to know it and feel comfortable with it. One thing I like about the Velocity is that you pin it through and it uses set screws on the bottom of the trigger pocket to push up on the pins. Then it uses another small set of set screws on top of that so they don't vibrate loose. I was reminded that the owner built triggers over at Knight for about 20 years also...anyway, pick your poison.
          Last edited by Konocti's Wigwam; 03-10-2024, 01:36 AM.
          From my cold dead endmill...

Comment

• tracker12
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

Well I have been using Geissele SSA for the most but wanted something cheaper for a budget build. I’ll check these out.

Comment

• Old Bob
              Warrior
              • Oct 2019

CMC drop-in triggers are as good as any out there & a skosh cheaper than Trigger Tech or Geissele. The LaRue Tactical MBT-2S is another really good trigger that's not drop-in it's also not a budget beater.
              Last edited by Old Bob; 03-10-2024, 03:55 PM.
              I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

LaRue MBT-2S is hard to beat for quality and price, EDM wire-cut high end steel, feels like Geissele SSA or better to me, between an SSA and SSA-E.

I have a mix of Geissele, LaRue MBT-2S, and JP single stage triggers.

There are a lot of great triggers on the market now, but some are still going through hiccups and bugs, especially with selector/safety interface and basic function, as well as lowers that are out of spec with regard to hammer, trigger, and safety hole datum compliance.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Bonas
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2022

I like the Geissele G2S. They can be found on sale fairly often in the $130 range. In some ways, I prefer the G2S to my SSA-E. Lighter isn't always better, at least for me.

Comment

• cb4017
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2016

Another plug for the LaRue MBT-2S. I use them in AR-15s and AR-10s. Great triggers and never had a problem with them.
                    Cliff
                    USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.

Comment

• gofastman
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2019

LaRue MBT-2S is the best answer to this question.

Comment

Working...
                      X