• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cb4017
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Got my Rexus Outfitters build going.

The weather cooperated so I took my new build out for a while today. My goal was barrel break-in, check function and dial in the scope. I took 20 rounds of Hornady Black and 10 each of loads with 123 gr Nosler CC with CFE-223 and StaBall Match. I had my Garmin Chronograph with me and will post velocities in the ammo forum in a bit.

I started by doing the Faxon recommended barrel break-in routine while dialing in my scope. Functioning was 100% with brass going right at 4 o'clock. This was with a non-adjustable gas block. Groups were nothing to write home about, with most being around 1.5 MOA with the Hornady Black and the loads I brought. I expect that will improve with more shooting and load development. All brass looked great after firing. I did have to seat the Nosler bullets for a little shorter OAL with my loads so they wouldn't get jammed in the lands.

Some thoughts about the build. I got the 20" heavy barrel and bolt from Rexus. They looked great. It took me a couple of hours to get the nitride salts residue out of the bore but I expected that.
    I put the barrel in an Aero Precision Enhanced upper. I like these because the handguard attaches directly to the receiver and you don't have to mess with indexing the barrel nut. Lower was from Delaware Machinery set up as a rifle with Larue MBT2 trigger.

Overall I'm pleased with it's first showing.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Cliff
    USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Nice looking rifle cb, enjoy!

Comment

Working...
    X