When did Midway drop 6.5 Grendel Shilen Barrels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did Midway drop 6.5 Grendel Shilen Barrels?

Just checking over my wish list at Midway and its shows the Shilen 20" 6.5 Grendel as
    "Discontinued at Midway"
    That put a kink in the plans, as if it needed ANOTHER kink
  • Taylormade

Not sure when, but every time I go to midway the amount of parts they offer for an ar keeps dropping. I'm sure their only getting rid of the unpopular things.

Comment

Because they can make more margins on Midway Stoner barrels, no problemo!

Comment

• adrenaline junkie

Maybe they were told a 2 year wait or something? Its so hard to tell about some of this stuff right now. :/

Comment

Shilen. We don't need no stinking Shilen. We have AR-Stoner.

Comment

I got an email for an 18" shilen barrel but it must have sold out within a minute or two.

Comment

• Castor Troy

not sure why. am really glad i got the last 20" shilen though

as to why, on feb 12th the product status was changed from "out of stock, no backorder" to "discontinued"

i have basically every grendel part midway lists set to email notification lol

Comment

I got that discontined email last week while driving. Thought it was an in stock notice and pulled off the road to order it. Then I read the whole emai..........bummer!

Comment

• m796rider
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2011

Do you guys see anecdotal evidence of demand out there for Shilen 6.5G barrels?

Comment

• Drifter
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by m796rider View Post
                    Do you guys see anecdotal evidence of demand out there for Shilen 6.5G barrels?
                    There is evidence for demand for any quality Grendel-chambered AR-15 barrel. Check into wait times with Satern, watch how quickly AR-Stoner barrels sell out at MidwayUSA, check availability and prices on gunbroker, and realize that Alexander Arms reportedly isn't offering barrel /bolt combos at this time. Even if Shilen was ready to roll out a batch, my guess is that bolt availability would cause further delays.
                    Drifter

Comment

Grendel barrel demand has done nothing but increase steadily since 2004. I had to be on a waiting list to get my 16" AA barrel/bolt combo from Midway back in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                      X