Delivery times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery times

Does anyone have a handle on delivery times From AA?
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

+500,000 rounds of Grendel ammunition in stock and going through production. Got pallets of the stuff sat on the factory floor. Cudos to our ammunition team and the girls who run everything through production. So for all those who want Grendel ammunition get the orders in. We will be shipping against individual ammo orders

Grendel ammo is in stock, by and large. 123 Scenars remain a moving target, but supplies come in and are shipped as available. Orders are currently taking several weeks to process, but AA is shipping orders received in early to mid January at this point.

Grendel tactical rifles and uppers are generally in the 2-4 week time frame. (Not fluted barrels). Some accessory parts and some small parts may delay shipping, however. AA tries to ship ammo orders with all uppers and rifles if they are ordered together, so that no one receives a fancy club!

Barrel/bolt orders are no longer being accepted, but if you ordered prior to that cutoff, they are being processed. These generally take the longest, because they are processed alongside barrels for rifles and uppers, and AA must have barrels to continue the core business of rifle sales. Stainless barrels are backordered from all manufacturers, so it will be some time until this shortage eases.

Beowulf models are 12+ weeks from order to delivery, although some will be longer as some of the options are backordered. (AWS systems are the biggest problem in that regard.)

Beowulf ammo continues to be made as fast as possible, with supplies coming in regularly, but it remains backordered. Once again, rifles/uppers get some priority in that regard, though AA must often ask the purchaser if a substitution is appropriate. It doesn't seem to matter how much BEO ammo is produced, it all is sold before its produced. This has been an issue for years. AA thought that automated machinery would help, but even that hasn't been able to keep up all the time.

5.56 and 300 Blackout generally ship in the 4 week time frame.

ALL AR15 parts are in short supply, so even small items like extractor availability, springs, port doors, etc. can slow production if they aren't available. As many on the forum have noted, carriers and bolts have disappeared. AA has supplies for production, but with the current market, replacing those supplies over time will be a challenge.

Hope this helps everyone!

Comment

• Errorhead
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2012

Really?
      "Grendel tactical rifles and uppers are generally in the 2-4 week time frame. (Not fluted barrels)"
      I'm going on alittle over 8 weeks now on a 20" Grendel upper, of course when I ordered it, I expected a 8 to 12 week waiting time. From what I'm seeing nobody is getting their's in a 2 to 4 week time frame. Of course if you know somebody you can call and get my alittle early that would be OK with me.

Comment

• BjornF16
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Errorhead View Post
        Really?
        "Grendel tactical rifles and uppers are generally in the 2-4 week time frame. (Not fluted barrels)"
        I'm going on alittle over 8 weeks now on a 20" Grendel upper, of course when I ordered it, I expected a 8 to 12 week waiting time. From what I'm seeing nobody is getting their's in a 2 to 4 week time frame. Of course if you know somebody you can call and get my alittle early that would be OK with me.
        Errorhead...you are making another error.

The 20" Grendel upper you ordered is NOT a tactical upper. The "Tactical" upper/rifle Bwaites refers to is the 16" tactical (non-fluted), typically a Cr-Mo barrel that is chrome lined.
        LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
        Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Working...
        X