Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lead Chucker

barrels

Has anyone used these? Thanks. http://www.competitionshooting.com/c...tegory33/p1612
  • aclark
    Warrior
    • Dec 2011

Mines been on order since 4/20. Keep getting a "1 month out" email reply. Supposedly they are LW under a different name....or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by aclark View Post
      Mines been on order since 4/20. Keep getting a "1 month out" email reply. Supposedly they are LW under a different name....or something like that.
      I have an order from January, same response.

Comment

• Tedward
        Banned
        • Feb 2013

I called Loather Walther and yes they sell them to CSS. I was told they are making the Grendels right now and they are a month out for "Standard" barrels. Anything special order is a year out. I placed an order a few weeks ago directly to LW and he said about a month.

CSS is a distributor and he doesn't know why they have listed as "in stock" when they don't have them. A little confused but just waiting on my order and will let you know when I get it.

Comment

• Lead Chucker

Ok thanks guys! I have a Satern barrel I built a couple years ago but a buddy is wanting one and was looking at these. Ill let him know. Thanks!

Comment

Copy of my last email with CSS. I have 17 more just like it, but BHW built one for me in 3 months, 3 days out according to UPS.
            Competition Shooting Sports
            Jul 23 (7 days ago)

to me
            Your order should be leaving in a few days. Certainly by Monday. We are clearing the oldest orders first.

Tom Stewart

Comment

• aclark
              Warrior
              • Dec 2011

I'm assuming it hasn't gone out yet either? Just about had it with CSS, emailed LW direct and Woody said 45-60 days, thinking about just putting one in with them.

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
              Copy of my last email with CSS. I have 17 more just like it, but BHW built one for me in 3 months, 3 days out according to UPS.
              Competition Shooting Sports
              Jul 23 (7 days ago)

to me
              Your order should be leaving in a few days. Certainly by Monday. We are clearing the oldest orders first.

Tom Stewart

FWIW here is my last email to CSS, and the response I got....didn't answer any of my questions.

Received: 7/16/2013 1:38 PM
              A,

AR barrel production is at record levels. We are making a larger group of 18" barrels now and we hope to clear these in the next 2 weeks.

Tom Stewart

--------------------------------------------
              To: 65csstech@bellsouth.net
              Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:34 PM
              Subject: Barrel Order from 4/20/13

I ordered my barrel on April 20th, and was told it should be about a month or so out. I sent an inquiry on May 22nd and was told again that my order was about a month out. I would like to actually know when my order will be filled? If its 1 week, GREAT, if its 5 months, that is fine too, I'd just like to know.

Also, I saw on your site that the 18" barrels say "In Stock Now", as opposed to just "In Stock", if an 18" would be quicker would it be possible to switch my order to get it sooner? Really I'd take any barrel 18-22" if its possible that one size would be faster than another.

Here is my order info.
              Your order placed 04/20/2013 01:40, our reference #
              Status of this order in our system: New

Thank you,
              A

Comment

• Tedward
                Banned
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by aclark View Post
                I'm assuming it hasn't gone out yet either? Just about had it with CSS, emailed LW direct and Woody said 45-60 days, thinking about just putting one in with them.

FWIW here is my last email to CSS, and the response I got....didn't answer any of my questions.
                I put one in with Woody 3 weeks ago. He has 3 more weeks till I call him again.

Still don't know why companies like CSS post "in stock" when they well know they are not in stock and we know it too. JUST update the web site. "Accepting Orders, 6 to 8 week Lead Times" Stop the BS.....

Comment

I just spoke with Satern, they are in the same boat as everyone else. I was told they cannot get the parts they need, specifically bolts. She told me Grendel barrels are the number one seller for them and they have a big back log going all the way to December of last year. I ordered in Jan. They are talking with another machining shop about making bolts for them. She said they would be doing another run of 6.5 Grendel barrels in the next week or so. So maybe I'll get lucky.

CSS has told me the same thing concerning bolts, although he also has told me several times he was shipping within a week (it's been 6 months.) Sooner or later one of them will show up, in the mean time I should have a BHW .264 LBC barrel by Monday to go with the LBC bolt I have.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2012

i can tell you for fact that saterns back log goes back farther than December i placed my order may 2nd of last year i cheek in once a month or so just to make sure i am still in line and all but i dont expect it anytime soon
                    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

I just placed an order today. I'll be happy if I get it before the end of next summer.
                      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• aclark
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2011

I have offered to ship my .264LBC bolt to everyone I've talked to, and they've all told me they have plenty of bolts (for now), but they just can't get caught up....who knows though.

First email from Woody was the same day I emailed and asked my question. Followed up with another asking about placing an order on July 31st, and haven't received a response yet. GAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! lol

Comment

• Lead Chucker

I do need to get a backup bolt while people have them in stock!

Comment

Working...
                          X