Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XcountryRider

Need Building advice

I'm thinking of building my wife a AR-15 carbine in Grendel for my wifes Christmas Present. Where do you guys recommend i order the barrel and bolt from? I want a barrel bolt combo so i'm not looking for a bolt separately.

If you want it this Christmas, keep your eye out for a used one or midway.

Comment

• XcountryRider

My other two were from Midway USA but i want a 16in barrel and those are rifle length.

Comment

• Tedward
        Banned
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post
        I'm thinking of building my wife a AR-15 carbine in Grendel for my wifes Christmas Present. Where do you guys recommend i order the barrel and bolt from? I want a barrel bolt combo so i'm not looking for a bolt separately.
        Just posted something and it never showed up...

LW has them available in about 6 weeks. Woody sent me an e-mail on 7/1/13 (below) and said about a month out. I sent him payment on 7/12/13 and when I called he said he got the payment and it would be 4 to 6 weeks. So looks like the end of August I'll be checking the front porch. He was dead on the delivery date when I ordered my Wylde so he is a reliable source in my book.

You will have to send in a payment. There are barrels that are 18,20, 22 , 24 and 26”. Delivery is about a month at this time.

Woody Woodall

Comment

• XcountryRider

Originally posted by Tedward View Post

LW has them available in about 6 weeks. Woody sent me an e-mail on 7/1/13 (below) and said about a month out. I sent him payment on 7/12/13 and when I called he said he got the payment and it would be 4 to 6 weeks. So looks like the end of August I'll be checking the front porch. He was dead on the delivery date when I ordered my Wylde so he is a reliable source in my book.

You will have to send in a payment. There are barrels that are 18,20, 22 , 24 and 26”. Delivery is about a month at this time.

Woody Woodall
          Does that come with a bolt?

Comment

Are you talking about CSS, did he cash your check? I ordered 6 months ago and haven't seen anything yet.

Originally posted by Tedward View Post

Woody Woodall

Comment

• Sputnik
              Warrior
              • May 2013

This Christmas or 2014?

Comment

• XcountryRider

My wife said she just wants a 5.56mm (regular AR-15 un her words) so as much as i want a 3rd Grendel in the house it does make things easier.

Comment

Don't forget GunBroker.com and keep an eagle eye on the sales here. I bought my first 16" AA barrel/bolt here but you got to be johnny on the spot. Never know when one will come for sale but when they do it goes fast.

Comment

• Sputnik
                    Warrior
                    • May 2013

Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post
                    My wife said she just wants a 5.56mm (regular AR-15 un her words) so as much as i want a 3rd Grendel in the house it does make things easier.
                    Yes, it should make things much easier. I might suggest JoeBobs for a New frontier polymer lower for weight considerations. They used to sell them for about $108 for the whole thing. Now around $168. I have two and love them. One for my 5.56 and another awaiting my AA Grendel upper that I hope to get before this Christmas.

Comment

• Sputnik
                      Warrior
                      • May 2013

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
                      Yes, it should make things much easier. I might suggest JoeBobs for a New frontier polymer lower for weight considerations. They used to sell them for about $108 for the whole thing. Now around $168. I have two and love them. One for my 5.56 and another awaiting my AA Grendel upper that I hope to get before this Christmas.
                      Correction: JoeBobs has the New Frontier lowers for about $115 now.

Comment

• XcountryRider

I have a few 80%'s on the way. Going to sell a couple to help fund the build.

Comment

If I were looking for a new Grendel, I would look to Quality Arms Idaho. I know they have Grendel's in stock. I don't think they sell just the barrel and bolt. I know that is a pain, but they at least will build the upper for you. My gun they built is great and I would not hesitate to call them again.

Comment

• XcountryRider

Yes i did check them out but not interested in a complete upper.

Comment

Working...
                            X