X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XcountryRider

Better build that 80% receiver now!!

New bill will ban 80% lowers.

Text of H.R. 2910 (113th): Gun Violence Prevention and Reduction … as of Aug 1, 2013 (Introduced version). H.R. 2910 (113th): Gun Violence Prevention and Reduction Act of 2013

(a) In General- It shall be unlawful to market or advertise, on any medium of electronic communications, including over the Internet, for the sale of any of the following:

(1) A firearm receiver casting or firearm receiver blank that--

(A) at the point of sale does not meet the definition of a firearm in section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code; and

(B) after purchase by a consumer, can be completed by the consumer to the point at which it functions as a firearm frame or receiver for a semiautomatic assault weapon or machinegun.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-17-2013, 10:16 PM.

I want to see proof of ANY 80% lower that has been used to killed ANYONE.

Comment

• tackdriver
      Warrior
      • Feb 2013

I think if you had REAL good aim, and a Roger Clements arm you could MAYBE pull it off at short range (3-8yds)! Lol

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

Public stoning meets public stonering.
        Last edited by KentuckyBuddha; 08-17-2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• XcountryRider

I have 4 80% coming in the mail. Both my Grendels were built from 80% lowers.

Comment

They might submit this but i doubt very seriously them being able to stop the ability to buy such parts. You still have to send the lower to an FFL to buy it and its legal. They are reaching with this and im just going to go ahead and say i laugh at this attempt because its a bad joke good luck with that one is all ive got to say. The NRA will have a field day with that one lol

Comment

• XcountryRider

Originally posted by kamrr4437 View Post
              They might submit this but i doubt very seriously them being able to stop the ability to buy such parts. You still have to send the lower to an FFL to buy it and its legal. They are reaching with this and im just going to go ahead and say i laugh at this attempt because its a bad joke good luck with that one is all ive got to say. The NRA will have a field day with that one lol
              With an 80% you don't have to ship to an FFL at all. No serial number either. Both my grendels are blank just fire and safe engraved. This is what theya re shutting down the build a lower at home law.

Comment

• XcountryRider

An 80% receiver is a receiver you can buy without serialization and finish machining yourself at home or at a CNC shop. They are legal to own and don't have serial numbers,

Comment

• rickOshay
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2012

My favorite par is the opening paragraph, the justification so to speak:

"To protect American children and their families from the epidemic of gun violence by banning access to certain weapons, strengthening the Nation’s mental health infrastructure, and improving the understanding of gun violence."

Comment

• XcountryRider

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post
                    My favorite par is the opening paragraph, the justification so to speak:

"To protect American children and their families from the epidemic of gun violence by banning access to certain weapons, strengthening the Nation’s mental health infrastructure, and improving the understanding of gun violence."
                    Orwellian.

Comment

There not just wanting to get rid of 80% lowers. Read the fine print. They are wanting to get rid of lower parts kits as well. If they do that it doesnt matter what lower you have its useless without a parts kit. But i dont see them getting this one by the NRA as its already on there website

Comment

I know, I threw up a little bit when I read that......"protect American children and their families". Now worries there guys, I got that one covered,

Comment

• RocketScientist

Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post

(1) A firearm receiver casting or firearm receiver blank that--

(A) at the point of sale does not meet the definition of a firearm in section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code; and

(B) after purchase by a consumer, can be completed by the consumer to the point at which it functions as a firearm frame or receiver for a semiautomatic assault weapon or machinegun.

There is no way this law would be enforceable, as literally anything would meet this definition. A simple block of steel (A) does not meet the definition of a firearm and (B) can be "completed by the consumer" (ie machined) to the point it will function as a firearm frame or reciever for a semi-auto weapon.

Hell, a large enough block of wood can be cut into a workable firearm frame. Polystyrene pellets can be 3-d printed into a gun.

As-written, this law basically bans the sale of raw materials, as pretty much anything can be turned into a gun by a consumer. Just go to improguns if you doubt this.

Comment

Working...
                          X