Barrel manufactuers ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel manufactuers ??

Maybe i'm beating a dead horse here. If so i apologize. I am looking for a 18" stainless fluted 6.5 barrel. And am looking to see if there are any barrel manufacturers out there that I have not discovered yet. I am fimiliar with Satern, AA, BHW, liberty, Les Baer, . Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. ER Shaw,
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Depends on what chamber you want. What about Shilen, Templar Consulting?

Comment

The Templar progressive twist bbl is pretty damned sweet.

I will be replacing my LW with one this year.

Comment

Originally posted by warped View Post
        The Templar progressive twist bbl is pretty damned sweet.

I will be replacing my LW with one this year.
        What is the idea.behind this?

Comment

Black Hole Weaponry has 18" LBC chambered barrels.

Comment

I would like to have a Satern barrel but they won't return calls or emails. Which is ridiculous. And after seeing how bad their customer service is I am not sure I want one. There can always be a problem even with what is considered the best. I can see now if there is a problem with a Satern barrel your on your own.
            So I am on a quest to find a comparable barrel. I have done my research and found some other manufacturers as mentioned previously. So I am here to pick the brains of those such as yourself on other possibilities other than the ones i have found.
            My mission is to build an upper I can exchange with the Stag .223 lower I now own. I am not planning to do any competitions. I will use it for hunting and fun target. From what I have gathered the "18 inch barrel will be short enough to carry yet very accurate out to 1000 yards providing it is a premium barrel ?? Basicly speaking i see no sense in going cheap and regretting it later. I was eagerly willing to pay $575 for the Satern barrel I wanted. To me that is rather an expensive but you get what you pay for. Plus the Spartan barrel is double fluted which I like for weight reduction since i plan to pack this thing around.
            The Black Hole barrels are less expensive and I have read good about them but i did not see a fluted barrel in their line up. I may give them a call and see. Plus from what I understand they are reachable and have very good customer service. ??

Comment

A friend just got ahold of Satern last week. They are busy and everyone is in the shop. We placed an order for a Satern and one Liberty barrel on closeout. They shipped Tuesday and the barrels will arrive on the fifth. Just keep at the contact attempt by phone.

Comment

rkflorey, I was about to give totally up on Satern when I finally got a call from Kim. I bit the bullet and ordered the spartan barrel. I was pleased to find out they do not thread the barrel ends until they get an order. So I opted for the 5/8x28 threads. Should have it within 2 weeks I will keep you'all posted if your interested. It will be a while before I finish building my upper(probably a month or so) but can post about it too when it is ready and I have test fired it.

Comment

• Brian
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2011

Blackhole does do fluting

Comment

The neat thing about custom barrels is just that...they are custom. With custom barrel makers, you can get any length, profile, fluting or not, color, muzzle brake you want. So, even makers like Krieger, Shilen, Hart, Schneider, Obermeyer, Lilja, Pac Nor, and so many others will be happy to make exactly what you want. But it won't be cheap.

If you are looking for an off the shelf barrel ready to install that is another item altogether.

Comment

• robsf49ers

Originally posted by salvageer View Post
                      I would like to have a Satern barrel but they won't return calls or emails. Which is ridiculous. And after seeing how bad their customer service is I am not sure I want one. There can always be a problem even with what is considered the best. I can see now if there is a problem with a Satern barrel your on your own.
                      So I am on a quest to find a comparable barrel. I have done my research and found some other manufacturers as mentioned previously. So I am here to pick the brains of those such as yourself on other possibilities other than the ones i have found.
                      My mission is to build an upper I can exchange with the Stag .223 lower I now own. I am not planning to do any competitions. I will use it for hunting and fun target. From what I have gathered the "18 inch barrel will be short enough to carry yet very accurate out to 1000 yards providing it is a premium barrel ?? Basicly speaking i see no sense in going cheap and regretting it later. I was eagerly willing to pay $575 for the Satern barrel I wanted. To me that is rather an expensive but you get what you pay for. Plus the Spartan barrel is double fluted which I like for weight reduction since i plan to pack this thing around.
                      The Black Hole barrels are less expensive and I have read good about them but i did not see a fluted barrel in their line up. I may give them a call and see. Plus from what I understand they are reachable and have very good customer service. ??
                      I had a problem with my Satern , It took 3 days to fix.(Bolt).They are busy for a reason . One of last Mom and Pop manufactures out there. They will take care of you once you get the barrel. To me it was worth the wait. On the "down" side to the wait I now Have three Grendel's. And No regret's !!
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-01-2011, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                        What is the idea.behind this?
                        Special project I have coming up, need to do some T&E

I hope if it goes well that all of you will benefit from the research

Comment

Salvageer, was your spartan in stock or were they going to have to build?

Comment

The way I understand it is the barrel is in stock but they thread them to either 5/8 or 9/16 at time of order

Comment

kamrr,

When I ordered my Spartan recently I was told they are in stock but you'll have to wait for it to be finished depending on whether you choose to have it threaded or crowned.

Cheers, Will

Comment

Working...
                              X