• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sputnik
    Warrior
    • May 2013

Originally posted by FlatsFlite View Post
    Did they say anything about the bolt? Like yours mine is T.I.G.H.T - TIGHT. It will fit, and moves as it should, once installed, but getting it inserted into the carrier is a task.
    I worked mine a bit and it got better. Most of the time there will be a live or a spent casing in the bolt face, so it may not be an issue. I am thinking with the claw so far down the bolt face it should get a good grip for extraction, as seen in post #37. Lindsey did day I could return it, but they won't have any bolts to replace it for a week. Call her first. Does your tail of your extractor show I bit high as in post #6?

Comment

• FlatsFlite
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2013

I'll have to check it when I get home.

Comment

• Sputnik
        Warrior
        • May 2013

Originally posted by Underground Tactical View Post
        Here is what ours looks like. I took one out of our packaging to show quickly before I fly out in the early AM to SHOT. But I think you will be fine with the Liberty bolt that you have pictured (and that one is NOT ours). When the brass is in the bolt face your extractor will be sitting perfect.

Are those 5.56 modified extractors, or 6.5 Grendel extractors on your bolt?

Comment

• Underground Tactical
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
          Are those 5.56 modified extractors, or 6.5 Grendel extractors on your bolt?
          We don't modify extractors. We machine everything here in our facility from bar stock. The extractors on our 6.5 Grendel bolts are true 6.5 Grendel extractors.
          Underground Tactical Arms
          Austin, Texas
          www.undergroundtactical.com
          www.facebook.com/undergroundarms

Comment

• dammitman
            Warrior
            • Dec 2012

We don't modify extractors. We machine everything here in our facility from bar stock. The extractors on our 6.5 Grendel bolts are true 6.5 Grendel extractors.
            can i expect problems with a bolt that has a extractor being used from a rebuild kit for a 223/556 bolt?

Comment

• Sputnik
              Warrior
              • May 2013

I am told if it isn't one right, it may cause some problems and really scratch up the casing with bad extraction marks. I think it is always better to make them from scratch like Underground Tactical say they do. I don't know the particulars as to what parts get ground away.

Comment

If you compare a .223 extractor to a Grendel extractor you will see the grove the case rim slips in is much smaller on the 5.56.

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
                can i expect problems with a bolt that has a extractor being used from a rebuild kit for a 223/556 bolt?

Comment

• dammitman
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2012

man i sure am glad i asked this. i was about to order a couple of bolt maintainance kits but for 556. i guess that the rest the parts would be OK? or does anyone know where i can buy bolt maintainence kits for a stripped grendel bolt?

Comment

Extractors are impossible to find also. Although that may change now that we have 2 new bolt mfg's. I'm not sure about everything else, but the ejector length may be different also. The spring for the ejector, and extractor pin are the same.

Comment

• dammitman
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2012

doing a little reasearch(instead of house cleaning) i found this online,,,,,,,,,,
                      "I have successfully used DPMS 7.62x39 extractors in AA 6.5 G bolts without any modification."

now this was online so it must be true right?

and yes this house is a mess,,,,,,

Comment

• Tedward
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2013

I know people who cut and modify .556 extractors to work on a Grendel .135 bolt. A 7.62x39 is made for a .125 head space so it will need modified too.

I agree with what jurassic said, maybe one of the new guys on the bolt manufacturing will be offering them as rebuild kits soon. Right now I think there just trying to get complete bolts out the door.

Comment

• Tedward
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2013

When are your bolts going to be ready to ship? Also what is the OAL of the bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
                            doing a little reasearch(instead of house cleaning) i found this online,,,,,,,,,,
                            "I have successfully used DPMS 7.62x39 extractors in AA 6.5 G bolts without any modification."

now this was online so it must be true right?

and yes this house is a mess,,,,,,
                            7.62x39 bolts and extractors are hard to find also.

Comment

• dammitman
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2012

why does my world always have to be in the "hard to find" area? i need different hobbys

Comment

• Underground Tactical
                                Bloodstained
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                                7.62x39 bolts and extractors are hard to find also.
                                We are currently in production of those. And will be offering them soon.
                                Underground Tactical Arms
                                Austin, Texas
                                www.undergroundtactical.com
                                www.facebook.com/undergroundarms

Comment

Working...
                                X