its beginning to look alot like xmas....to soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

its beginning to look alot like xmas....to soon...

I just got my steel targets from the group buy. 8" and 12"

And I also got the rest of the parts for my lilja build.

PF completed upper
    PF super match bolt
    PF mid-length Gas tube

All came in the mail today

Other parts that I already had.

YHM-15 hand guard
    Syriac ordnance adjustable gas block
    Lilja barrel 18.5" (319 profile)
    AAC 7.62 51 tooth QD flash hider
    AAC 7.62 SDN-MOD8 Suppressor

Going on a AA lower
    Magpul UBR Stock
    AA tactical trigger (mega)

I won't have time to get it put together this weekend as I have to hit the ranch and fill feeders and no time to shoot. I will hopefully have it together by March 1 weekend and ringing some steel. Maybe even hit liberty hill. I'll upload more pics once its completed.
    Attached Files
  • mongoosesnipe
    Chieftain
    • May 2012

Is the shoe in the picture for scale.... Cause you listed sizes for the targets and barrel.... Are you trying to brag about you r shoe size? Just kidding

It should stack up to a pretty nice gun
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Kikn
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

Shoe is just for braggin.... I mean scale....lol

I may try and find sometime tomorrow to get the gun pit together but I may just be driving all day.

Comment

• Kikn
        Warrior
        • Nov 2011

Comment

I thought you were going to put it together yourself. Arrrrgghhhhhhhh! What screw(s) did they break? So test-fire was not mentioned to you when you agreed to the work?

I would not shoot it, because then "You did that." Hence the encouragement for you to go shoot it. With the bore scope, you will want someone to look at the port first, analyze the area around it, then work forward from it at 12 o'clock within the barrel. If there is any missing section of steel in front of the port, that would be an indicator of damage to the bore. Any abnormal striations in front of the port along that land or groove would also indicate damage from a burr that was dragged down the pipe violently.

Where did they get the ammunition to test-fire it? Did they have it on-hand and not even check with you that it was ok to fire through your blaster?

Comment

• Tedward
            Banned
            • Feb 2013

Did Lilja hand lap the barrel after they drilled the port? Seems if they would drill then lap. Check with them for there process.
            Also wondered where the ammo even came from. So they have some on hand for sale? Wonder if they really test fired it and I would get my money back for the HG. If they broke a screw it might be misaligned or cross threaded.

That sucks but call Lilja before driving yourself crazy

Comment

• Kikn
              Warrior
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              I thought you were going to put it together yourself.

Normally I do mechanical work myself. It never fails that anytime I let someone touch my car or anything else they screw it up. Which is why I do all my work on my cars, trucks, motorcycles including engine/transmission repair. I guess I should make room for a vice and get tools for my own repairs.

Arrrrgghhhhhhhh! What screw(s) did they break?

The one that holds the handgaurd on. They said they would have to order a new screw for it.

So test-fire was not mentioned to you when you agreed to the work?

No mention of a test fire was talked about prior to me handing over the rifle and parts. Not even a sign stating as much. I was told it was store policy. If it were policy you would think they would let people know. I think he just wanted to shoot it. Kind of peeves me now that I have 3 rounds down the tube and didn't go through the recommended barrel break in proceedures. Even though I don't think it really matters that much I don't think its that big of a deal. Even though when I handed the barrel over I had the instructions with the barrel still so obviously he just totatlly disregarded that paper that Lilja put in for break in.

I would not shoot it, because then "You did that." Hence the encouragement for you to go shoot it.

That was my thinking as well.

With the bore scope, you will want someone to look at the port first, analyze the area around it, then work forward from it at 12 o'clock within the barrel. If there is any missing section of steel in front of the port, that would be an indicator of damage to the bore. Any abnormal striations in front of the port along that land or groove would also indicate damage from a burr that was dragged down the pipe violently..

Thats what I was trying to look for I couldn't see anything but then again I don't really have a trained eye for such a thing. Even though i would think it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Where did they get the ammunition to test-fire it? Did they have it on-hand and not even check with you that it was ok to fire through your blaster?

They don't have any 6.5 on the shelves and I have never even seen it in their stores. So I didn't think they would even have a way to fire any rounds at all.

One of the guys had a box in the back for whatever reason. Factory hornady 123 A-max, never came to me and asked if it was Ok to shoot.

Comment

• Kikn
                Warrior
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
                Did Lilja hand lap the barrel after they drilled the port? Seems if they would drill then lap. Check with them for there process.
                Also wondered where the ammo even came from. So they have some on hand for sale? Wonder if they really test fired it and I would get my money back for the HG. If they broke a screw it might be misaligned or cross threaded.

That sucks but call Lilja before driving yourself crazy
                It was recommened by Lilja on one of the Group Buy threads to just run a wet brass brush down the barrel and push the burr out as it would not damage the barrel. They said to NOT FIRE A ROUND without pushing a brush through as it could damage the barrel.

I'm going to take it to another gunsmith and get them to look at it for me and get thoughts and opinions.

I'll try and call Lilja today and see what they have to say.

Comment

• Grendanimal
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2014

Did Lilja hand lap the barrel after they drilled the port? Seems if they would drill then lap.
                  I spoke with Dan Lilja a few weeks ago. He said that they drill the gas port after lapping.

Comment

• Tedward
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2013

Good info because I have not set mine up yet, waiting for weather to brake and I have time to go thru everything. Hope it turns out with good news and they get you the HG screw for you.

Comment

• Grendanimal
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jan 2014

Good info because I have not set mine up yet, waiting for weather to brake and I have time to go thru everything.
                      The weather? I did my barrel break-in in -2 F. What are you waiting for?

Comment

• Kikn
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2011

looks like xmas isnt going to get cancelled!!!

Prerty excited about my good news. I got a few opinions on the barrel and everyone says it looks good. I'll post a couple of pics later on tonight. I'm going to break in the barrel this weekend and maybe even shoot a pig.

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Bet she'll end up being a shooter, and I love your choice of can!

Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Kikn
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2011

Thanks. I'll know for sure this weekend what she is capable of. Hopefully I remember to take a few photos of targets. Also anxious to see how it does with my suppressor.

Comment

Working...
                            X