X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olde sarge
    Warrior
    • May 2014

x3 on bwaites comment. And I might add Mark is very easy to deal with. Will answer all of your questions and seems to bend over backwards to make sure that you as a customer are satisfied. I will never hesitate to buy another barrel or parts from him and will whole heartedly recommend him.

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

Bwaites is correct.

Lilja uses a maxim firearms bolt to headspace their barrels. As long as MF doesn't change their specs you'll be fine.
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Tooreal
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2010

Mark with Precision Firearms is Awesome to Deal with for Sure, He will Not do you wrong!!!

What about saternmachining.com do they still make Barrels and Bolts?? They probably Don't have the Grendel but they did make a lot of barrels!

Comment

• cory
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Tooreal View Post
          Mark with Precision Firearms is Awesome to Deal with for Sure, He will Not do you wrong!!!

What about saternmachining.com do they still make Barrels and Bolts?? They probably Don't have the Grendel but they did make a lot of barrels!
          Satern is a pretty well dead with the horde. You couldn't give me one of their barrels!

Comment

• Tedward
            Banned
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Tooreal View Post

Satern makes Midway USA (AR Stoner) and Brownells Grendel Barrels. They use MAXIM Bolts and are the Grendel II chamber. LRRPF52 has one for sale on the build box package right now with reloading dies and books.

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

My Lilja barrel, maxim bolt combo runs great. I would have no hesitation purchasing anything from Lilja. They have premium barrels that are second to none in my humble opinion. If you have any concerns you should call them as they have always been very friendly and helpful answering my questions in the past.

Comment

• cory
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
                Satern makes Midway USA (AR Stoner) and Brownells Grendel Barrels. They use MAXIM Bolts and are the Grendel II chamber. LRRPF52 has one for sale on the build box package right now with reloading dies and books.
                How the hell did you get back on the board?

Comment

• babaganoush
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2013

I see that nothing has changed with you. Still pretending to play nice here, and posting nasty comments elsewhere...

Screen Shot 2014-11-13 at 9.49.30 PM.jpg
                  "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• babaganoush
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by cory View Post
                    How the hell did you get back on the board?
                    His 6 month ban is apparently over. To read some of his dreck on other boards, you have to wonder why he was so anxious to rejoin.
                    "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by babaganoush View Post
                      His 6 month ban is apparently over. To read some of his dreck on other boards, you have to wonder why he was so anxious to rejoin.
                      I vote for a permanent ban, or the moderators adding a warning label into his signature line that he can't modify. Something like "Warning read at your own risk. Taking this advice would be worse than taking advice from the jersey shore cast."

Comment

• Tooreal
                        Chieftain
                        • Oct 2010

Thanks Tedward & Cory,
                        I wasn't aware of that, but it's Defenetly Good to know!!!

x4 on bwaites comment. If you Are Not Sure, trust someone that knows how it's done...

Comment

• Klem
                          Chieftain
                          • Aug 2013

Shilen sells two Grendel drop-in lengths complete with bolt assembly; 18" and 20"

The bolt assemblies are from AA

Comment

• Soyben
                            Unwashed
                            • Oct 2013

x5 on bwaites comment.

I recently bought a barrel and bolt from Templar Custom, when I took all my parts to my local gunsmith they found it was improperly head spaced. I had to return it to TC to be fixed (which he did without charging me shipping or creating a new chamber, sorry tangent from previous barrel purchase). If I would have slapped it together as many internet novices do themselves I could have had a bad situation. Also for what it is worth my gunsmith said it was only the second AR build they had ever done that had a head space problem. So it is rare but you don't want it to be your rifle.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                              Super Moderator
                              • Sep 2014

Liberty makes the AR-Stoner barrels. Satern makes cut-rifled barrels at a much higher price point, since they are single-point cut-rifled.

I have examples of both. Once the reamer issues were worked out, the Liberty barrels are a decent pipe. If you still don't understand the role that the ejector plays in potential feeding issues with right side feed lip presentation, you might consider reading this:

If you have any questions or need to attack my character, feel free to PM me. It doesn't look good when you ask for my help here, send kind messages, then go on another forum and conduct yourself in that manner. Maybe nobody every taught you in your formative years, but this is what is referred to as being 2-faced, untrustworthy, and a very bad indicator of character. This forum has always been a place of gentlemanly discourse. If you're looking for strife, envy, or malice, I think you'll be in appropriate company elsewhere.
                              Last edited by LRRPF52; 11-15-2014, 02:37 AM.
                              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
                                Super Moderator
                                • Sep 2014

For the record, I thought Tedward was still in good standing when I posted this. After giving him a second chance subsequent to a 6-month time out, he didn't make it but a few days, and Bwaites banned him before I even knew about it. For those that are wondering, it is extremely difficult to get banned from this forum. The ones that stick out in particular were Ol' Joe, AR Performance, Constructor (AR Performance), Xcountryrider, Woohoo (ARPerformance), and now Tedward. 3 of those bans were from the old forum.

Several of those guys have been banned from multiple forums for misconduct. Harrison (ARPerformance/Constructor/Woohoo/Bustin/Yankindachain) was banned from AR15.com twice in a short period, like 2 weeks. XCR was banned from 6.8 forums recently, even after Constructor tried to go to bat for him. I don't know what else to say. The rules are pretty easy to follow here, and this forum has one of the best reputations among all the others for self-regulating. Maybe someone could start up a forum where all the banned guys hang out, see what happens?
                                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                                X