Nice article: http://www.gundigest.com/tactical-ge...-hunter-review

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

An excellent read. The article is one which not only informs the reader of the attributes of this fine weapon, but details the development and overall history of the cartridge in a clear, uncluttered manner.

Thanks for the link, '52.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Wheelhorse
      Warrior
      • May 2014

Good article but I saw a mistake. "The 6 PPC, a necked-up version of the .22 PPC, came along in 1988 "
      That is just wrong. In 1981 I owned a 6PPC Sporter built by Ferris Pindell which I bought from a friend who shot in NBRSA competition. At the time, he had just built a new 6PPC on a then new stainless Alan Hall action and I got a chance to own his old gun. I was thinking that the PPC was developed in the 70's and according to this article, http://www.chuckhawks.com/6mm_PPC.htm that is correct.
      Sorry guys, I'm a nitpicker and can't help it.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

I hope it is never perceived as a vice to politely point out an error. : )

Comment

• jawbone
          Warrior
          • Jan 2012

full and brilliant article. many thanks for the link, LRRP.

Comment

• gmar
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2015

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• dmsims21
              Warrior
              • Nov 2012

It was cool that the reloading handbooks got a shout out.
              They deserve it.
              www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Wheelhorse View Post
                Good article but I saw a mistake. "The 6 PPC, a necked-up version of the .22 PPC, came along in 1988 "
                That is just wrong. In 1981 I owned a 6PPC Sporter built by Ferris Pindell which I bought from a friend who shot in NBRSA competition. At the time, he had just built a new 6PPC on a then new stainless Alan Hall action and I got a chance to own his old gun. I was thinking that the PPC was developed in the 70's and according to this article, http://www.chuckhawks.com/6mm_PPC.htm that is correct.
                Sorry guys, I'm a nitpicker and can't help it.
                Yes. That is my understanding of the PPC as well, been around since the 1970's.

I'm pretty meticulous about what I read and write as well, so there are very few articles that pass muster. Despite a few errors, it's an interesting article. The main one that stuck out to me is that the PPU 120gr MPT is made in Serbia, not Russia.

Aside from that, I like how it highlighted the 6.5 Grendel as a hunting cartridge. I've seen several articles similar to this lately, all featuring the 18" AA Hunter.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• kmon
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2015

Good read and another is in Shooting times and it even gives credit to some members here other than Bill A for their work:

Load data is readily available in most contemporary loading manuals, and the comprehensive two volumes of the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook by Joseph A. Smith, Paul Scott, and Gregory Luli are must-haves for all 6.5 Grendel reloaders.

Read more: http://www.shootingtimes.com/rifles/...#ixzz3m8hSNw78

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Saw that one as well. Every time I stop by the gun rag section, there are at least two new mags with an article about 6.5 Grendel.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                    X