• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

New Place, Hogs Down

video: https://youtu.be/NFMTsjPlmw4

So my buddy asked if I wanted to help do some hog control on a large place that hadn't been hunted much and I said, "Sure." On the way down, he calls and tells me that he and the landowner had scared up over 100 hogs just touring the property. That seemed like a lot, maybe too many, but it sounded positive. After last night, I feel guilty for doubting him.

This is part one. When he delivers some additional video to me, I will have the 2nd part of the hunt which involved stalking a sounder in another area. The property, or rather the properties are all owned by the same family as a cattle operation with numerous residences, barns, and lots of cattle. Being our first time out, we had to be cautious until becoming more familiar with the whole operation. I will say this, belly crawling under the electric fences of cattle paddocks while stalking a sounder is ridiculous, but a bit of a thrill.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Target rich place there. Enjoy the videos and how you and DFWRoadkill answer others questions on night hunting on another site. Keep slaying those hogs, Buzzard preservation fund is always accepting donations

" belly crawling under the electric fences of cattle paddocks while stalking a sounder is ridiculous" yes it is, do not raise up too much, it huts, don't ask me how I know

Comment

• customcutter
      Warrior
      • Dec 2014

Trust me always want to "belly crawl" under those wires, trying to slide under on your back is not an option!!!!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Great video as always sir.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

We need to get a Squad-sized element down there with suppressors and Thermals, with some tannerite charges by feeders.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Von Gruff
            Chieftain
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by customcutter View Post
            Trust me always want to "belly crawl" under those wires, trying to slide under on your back is not an option!!!!
            And neither is stepping over when your inseam length is less that the height to the top wire. I found that out as a kid when going to feed the calves with a bucket of milk in each hand.
            http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
            Acts 4:10-12

Comment

• customcutter
              Warrior
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Von Gruff View Post
              And neither is stepping over when your inseam length is less that the height to the top wire. I found that out as a kid when going to feed the calves with a bucket of milk in each hand.
              That's one occasion when there's a lot of sense in crying over spilled milk......

Comment

• jawbone
                Warrior
                • Jan 2012

jaw dropping number of hogs. wow. really liked the synced shot. not an easy thing to pull off.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2013

It worked out well on this hunt, but I got startled in the Part 2 (220 yard shot), hunt and pulled my shot. I am not suppressed, but my buddy is. I also wear hearing protection. What I have found is that generally speaking, as long as I get a few seconds warning, I can be on target with the slack out on the trigger and I will just react to the shot. If we did a proper count down and I jumped the count, my blast would likely startle my partner. This way, that isn't as likely to happen or happen as bad.
                  Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                  My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Beerswimmer
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2015

Looks like you were on the X!
                    UT ALII VIVANT !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X