I broke my R hand, how should I hunt this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Charlie
    Warrior
    • May 2017

I was thinking that he had most likely solved his issue by now...

Comment

• Djgrendel
      Warrior
      • Feb 2016

Ha ha. I bet that cast really stinks by now!
      Yard work is not an excuse!

Comment

• Jeepster18_88
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

I broke my right arm right at the bottom of the ball in my shoulder when I was a teenager. It happened at the first of the hunting season. You'd be surprised how quickly you can pick up shooting left hand and I was squirrel hunting with a pump shotgun in no time left handed with my right arm completely stabilized against my chest under my shirt. It really taught me that I was limiting myself to using just one hand to do almost everything.

Comment

• xlcc
          Warrior
          • Feb 2016

I used an oven mitt for my left hand when my wrist broke.I had a broken right collar bone a 2 broken ribs as well.
          I still hunt for whitetails so I was going real slow.I couldn't carry my rifle very far so had to stop lots and lean it against a tree.I managed to shoot a young buck and another hunter in the area came over my way after he heard the shot.When he saw me trying to gut the deer with one hand he offered to do it for me.He couldn't believe I was out hunting by myself.
          I called my son and he dragged the deer to my truck.The other guy offered to but it was a good day to hunt so I thanked him for helping me out and he continued to hunt.
          If you want to hunt you'll figure out a way.

Comment

Working...
          X