X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terrywick4
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Why the 50? If he shot the doe with a 308 would you be chatting about it? Now maybe if he shot her at a mile then i'd be impressed.

Originally posted by muzz1504 View Post
    I'm thinking it's through both eyes too.
    But why a .50?
    I built my Grendel last year before deer season and have taken 5 whitetails with it. 5 one shot kills. I don't feel under gunned using it.

Comment

• IescapedCali
      Warrior
      • Sep 2017

So, if his words are to be believed, he missed a shot at a distance he should have been able to kill the animal with a rock he threw. He is telling the viewer that he's a really poor shot with a huge rifle, and then explains it away with a de-bunked fairy tale. This is the sort of thing that's supposed to impress the "Call of Duty" game enthusiast, but to anyone who knows anything, it makes him look like a jack wagon. YMMV. My opinion only.

Comment

• jackwagon
        Warrior
        • Jul 2017

This is the sort of thing that's supposed to impress the "Call of Duty" game enthusiast, but to anyone who knows anything, it makes him look like a jack wagon.

+1

Comment

• usmcm16a2
          Warrior
          • Aug 2015

Warren is a richard craniu, have ZERO respect. A2

Comment

• Lone Hunter
            Warrior
            • Jan 2017

KW is full of crap if he says he didn't hit this deer. JMO.. I would love to have a .50 bmg. I don't have anywhere to shoot it more than 300 yds and why waste that kind of money when I could shoot several rounds of Grendel for the price of one 50 cal round.
            Last edited by Lone Hunter; 12-19-2017, 01:06 PM. Reason: Bad Language

Comment

• NugginFutz
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

I've never seen a more inappropriate hunting video.

This guy may as well use an anti-aircraft gun to execute ... Oh, wait. That's been done by the the little fat kid in NK.
              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Texas
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Lone Hunter View Post
                KW is full of shit if he says he didn't hit this deer. JMO.. I would love to have a .50 bmg. I don't have anywhere to shoot it more than 300 yds and why waste that kind of money when I could shoot several rounds of Grendel for the price of one 50 cal round.
                I have a bushmaster 50 BMG with a 30 inch lilja barrel. The bullet that he was using is about $44.00 for 20 of just the projectile.I load those with 225 grains of H50BMG for accuracy shooting, cost to reload is about $5.12 per round. There are a number of places I shoot mine, but you have to be very cognizant of what is 2-3 miles down range. We have one place where the closest shot we can get on a pig is 790 yards and goes out to about 1600. We have not had the opportunity to give it a try yet but hope to soon. The military bullets other than the M33 and M2 AP rounds are very dangerous in dry conditions and may cause fires, so it is a rifle one really has to be careful with.

Comment

• LR1955
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2011

Guys:

You all need to stop using profane and vulgar language on this forum.

So, if you are guilty of such, edit your posts please.

LR55

Comment

• Lone Hunter
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2017

Post Edited.. Still stand by what I said though..Just different language.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                      Chieftain
                      • Sep 2013

I don't have anywhere to shoot it more than 300 yds and why waste that kind of money when I could shoot several rounds of Grendel for the price of one 50 cal round.
                      Why shoot Grendel when you could shoot several rounds of of .223 for the cost of a Grendel?

Everybody has different likes and dislikes. If $ was the reason for shooting what we shoot, we wouldn't be shooting Grendels, right?

Some people like to shoot guns that thump. Ain't nuthin' wrong with that.
                      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Lone Hunter
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                        Why shoot Grendel when you could shoot several rounds of of .223 for the cost of a Grendel?

Everybody has different likes and dislikes. If $ was the reason for shooting what we shoot, we wouldn't be shooting Grendels, right?

Some people like to shoot guns that thump. Ain't nuthin' wrong with that.
                        Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a .50 cal or just be able to shoot one. That is a bucket list weapon for me. I'm jealous of people who can and do shoot them. I was at one time going to sell several weapons to buy a Barrett M82A1. I got to doing the math and it wasn't worth the cost of dies,press, primers,etc.. I'm not rich and that thing has an appetite I couldn't afford to feed. 31 shots per pound of powder. Projectile 4-$5 a piece. Can't play with those guys. I would love to see it impact an animal from a long ways out. There is no where to shoot them around here for distance. The places we shoot will only allow Mil. and LEO to shoot there now. N.G. Training Area. We can shoot 1000 yds but this is F Class only. I shoot .223 all the time also. Not knocking anybody about what they want or can shoot. It's like cigarettes,light Em up if you got them Don't do cigarettes either but to each and his own.

Comment

• IescapedCali
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by jackwagon View Post
                          This is the sort of thing that's supposed to impress the "Call of Duty" game enthusiast, but to anyone who knows anything, it makes him look like a jack wagon.

+1
                          Present Jackwagon excepted.

Comment

• Texas
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2016

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a .50 cal or just be able to shoot one. That is a bucket list weapon for me. I'm jealous of people who can and do shoot them. I was at one time going to sell several weapons to buy a Barrett M82A1. I got to doing the math and it wasn't worth the cost of dies,press, primers,etc.. I'm not rich and that thing has an appetite I couldn't afford to feed. 31 shots per pound of powder. Projectile 4-$5 a piece. Can't play with those guys. I would love to see it impact an animal from a long ways out. There is no where to shoot them around here for distance. The places we shoot will only allow Mil. and LEO to shoot there now. N.G. Training Area. We can shoot 1000 yds but this is F Class only. I shoot .223 all the time also. Not knocking anybody about what they want or can shoot. It's like cigarettes,light Em up if you got them Don't do cigarettes either but to each and his own.
                            I have military projectiles, some Israeli WC860 which allow me to reload 50 BMG for about a dollar per round. It is fun to shoot INCENDIARIES, API, and APIT. One just has to be real careful to capture the spent bullet in something that is not flammable. A water jug full of water will set them off.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2017

How is the accuracy with the military rounds?? At the range(we only have 300) a guy was shooting his .50 and I was not impressed with his accuracy. The rifle was very impressive though. A .50 will always be on my bucket list but will probably never materialize. It is just impressive all the way around to me.

Comment

• Texas
                                Chieftain
                                • Jun 2016

How is the accuracy with the military rounds?? At the range(we only have 300) a guy was shooting his .50 and I was not impressed with his accuracy. The rifle was very impressive though. A .50 will always be on my bucket list but will probably never materialize. It is just impressive all the way around to me.
                                I use only grade 1 military bullets and run them through a sizer. Once at is done, I sort them by weight in 4 grain increments. Once that is done, they are loaded in cases that are sorted by weight. It will easily shoot MOA at 200 yards. Soots best wit AP, then ball, then API.

Comment

Working...
                                X