What brand and model E-Caller do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wafavre2
    Warrior
    • Feb 2017

What brand and model E-Caller do you use?

Which E-Caller do you use and would you buy another one just like it if it needed to be replaced?

Thanks,

Will
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

I sort of inherited my FoxPro Shockwave. It works well enough. However, it is boom box big and is not great for long stalks. I would go back and get something smaller if I needed to replace it.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• jackthemundy
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2018

I use the FoxPro Patriot. It works great for me. Good size and plenty of sound. It came loaded with a bunch of calls. I haven't had it too long so I'm still getting the hang of it. I had a bunch of does come into some corn I had thrown out to attract hogs so I tried the mature buck grunt to see if they'd run off. Their ears went straight up and they headed for cover, lol!

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
        Warrior
        • Feb 2017

FoxPro FX6 (I think that's the model) and YES, I'd certainly buy another one.

Simple, effective, portable.

Comment

• rabiddawg
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2013

Primos alpha dog

Has worked great. Compact, loud, batteries last a long time

Killed two bobcats with it. Have never had yotes respond.
          Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Wafavre2
            Warrior
            • Feb 2017

Thanks for the info. I have read the reviews online and they review 5 or so and don't really tell which is best or why.

Will

Comment

• hbp
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2014

Thinking outside the boom box. I use 4 Bose Soundlink Micro speakers and connect them via Bluetooth to an app on my iPhone. The speakers are small, 3.75x3.75x2”, not all that loud but, loud enough and have excellent sound quality. You can place them at different locations around you so your prey doesn’t zero in a specific location. You can sound like a whole sounder of hogs, a pack of coyotes, a single coyote chasing a pack of rabbits in distress, etc. If your significant other asks about the charge on the credit card it can easily be explained a new surround sound system for the house. There are also signal boosters and channel splitters if you want to cover a big area but, then you’d have enough stuff that you’d just as well carry a boom box.
              Hope this’ll

Comment

• Wafavre2
                Warrior
                • Feb 2017

Thanks Hpb,
                That's part of my reason for asking. I have a pvc pipe with a speaker on each end and a amplifier inside connected to a MP3 player with a remote I use for Snow Goose conservation Season. Great sound and plenty of volume, just heavy and needs a separate battery. Looking to shed some weight and keep the sound quality and a least 1/2 the volume.

Will

Comment

• Kilco
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by jackthemundy View Post
                  I use the FoxPro Patriot. It works great for me. Good size and plenty of sound. It came loaded with a bunch of calls. I haven't had it too long so I'm still getting the hang of it. I had a bunch of does come into some corn I had thrown out to attract hogs so I tried the mature buck grunt to see if they'd run off. Their ears went straight up and they headed for cover, lol!
                  +1.

FoxPro patriot is an amazing value for the money

Comment

• arizona98tj
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2013

FoxPro Banshee. It is the first and only e-caller I've ever used but I'm quite happy with it. I like the remote. Would buy another.

Comment

Working...
                    X