• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bowhntr6pt
    Warrior
    • Feb 2017

#19 for the Year

All shot with my 20" 6.5 Grendel, YHM suppressor, Hornady 123gr ELD Match, Pulsar Trail XP50.

Just before heading out I checked my thermal to find my zero profile had been erased and the sound had been turned off. Have no idea how or why it happened, it's the first time it has ever done it.

So I had to hit the range and do a quick re-zero... but unfortunately I didn't realize the sound was off so the videos have no sound.

Shot this one at about 100 yards... cows present so no follow shots on the runner.

• Les
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

They have had some POI issues.
    Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Just before heading out I checked my thermal to find my zero profile had been erased and the sound had been turned off. Have no idea how or why it happened, it's the first time it has ever done it.
      I don't recall there being an option to turn off the sound in the Pulsar Trail. If you lost sound and zero (having been reset), it sounds like your updates are no longer in place which sounds like there was an accidental reset. I don't know why that would happen, as you have to go through several selections on the menu to make it happen, but I would try to re-install the updates on the scope and that should restore sound and also correct your video speed which is faster than it should be.
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
        Warrior
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
        I don't recall there being an option to turn off the sound in the Pulsar Trail. If you lost sound and zero (having been reset), it sounds like your updates are no longer in place which sounds like there was an accidental reset. I don't know why that would happen, as you have to go through several selections on the menu to make it happen, but I would try to re-install the updates on the scope and that should restore sound and also correct your video speed which is faster than it should be.
        I was able to go into the menu and turn the sound on. My menu has a sound option to turn it on of off.

ETA- the videos I took last night look ok to me speed wise. I've not had another "speed up" issue like I did before. Do these videos look fast?

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

I thought so, particularly when the animals were running. The speed issue with the Trails was only slightly faster. Some folks didn't notice it at all. However, if the sound can be turned ON, then the speed should be fine and I was just seeing things.

However, seems very bizarre that your zero profile was gone and the sound was turned OFF. The simple explanation was that the system had been reset, which would do that. If that isn't it, did you loan our your scope/rifle to somebody else by chance? Otherwise, you got gremlins?
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
            Warrior
            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
            I thought so, particularly when the animals were running. The speed issue with the Trails was only slightly faster. Some folks didn't notice it at all. However, if the sound can be turned ON, then the speed should be fine and I was just seeing things.

However, seems very bizarre that your zero profile was gone and the sound was turned OFF. The simple explanation was that the system had been reset, which would do that. If that isn't it, did you loan our your scope/rifle to somebody else by chance? Otherwise, you got gremlins?
            After the last time I used the thermal, I was messing with the pixel repair function and may very well have messed with the reset function by mistake. I think "playing" with it might have restored the factory default settings... I'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

Working...
            X