• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

4 Boars Down - Hunting with HuntTXhogs!

Always an adventure and he brings me Throwback Mountain Dew! We headed down to Bosque County again after skipping last week, and as with our previous visits, the hogs were there right after dark.

We set up to watch two fields when he spotted the first hog. We had not even sat down yet. As the hog was working his way toward us, we just chilled until he moved into position - you can't beat that! Then things got better. While finishing up with the first hog, another was spotted. As we made our way toward it, two more were spotted. We shot the closest and the others didn't run. So we shot the next one and the last one didn't run and so we shot it. No doubt the favorable winds and use of suppressors helped keep the hogs from being spooked when we shot.

He was using a .270 Winchester, but I am still using a Grendel and using Speer TNT 90 gr. factory ammo from Federal. When jointly shooting, it is hard to say much about the lethality as the boar may be killed by either shooter, however, the TNT seemed to perform well enough and certain was accurate enough for making head shots at distance. I am not unhappy with this round yet!

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • Les
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

Nice shooting guys. Looks like there might be a challenger to the 123 gr SST?
    Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
      Warrior
      • Jan 2014

Double Naught Spy has some awesome hunting gear - he is most gracious in allowing me to use some of it and I appreciate it!

These hogs really have little chance of escaping his shots , you can see the one that almost got away was due to DNS giving me a solo shot attempt on it.

I enjoyed the hunt and it allowed me to get the 270 Winchester (AR-8) some excercise, looking forward to our next hunt!

I’ll bring The Dew

Comment

• NightFisher
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2018

Nice, good that I can get my fix on DNS's video's agian.

Comment

Working...
        X