• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goochylogic
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

American Gunner hunting experiences

Anyone have any hunting experiences using the American Gunner ammo? I know its design, but I sure someone as used it. If so which animal? How did the round perform? And any general opinions about it. My Odin 20” shoots its tightest group with this round. Hates the SST, shoots the Black very well. And the rest of the loaded factory just Ok. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Goochylogic; 05-17-2018, 01:40 AM.
  • Goochylogic
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

Hard to believe no one has even killed a pig or coyote with this round. If I can post some results I will. Thanks for the looks.

Comment

• Powerman
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2016

Haven't tried AG. I used AA 120gr copper, worked fine for me.

Comment

• Goochylogic
        Warrior
        • Sep 2016

Thanks for the reply. I might give some of them a try. They are local to virginia where I live.

Comment

• Redomen
          Warrior
          • Jun 2016

I just got 200 rounds in the mail. I will use them next pig hunt and let you know how they do.

Comment

• BCHunter
            Warrior
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Goochylogic View Post
            Hard to believe no one has even killed a pig or coyote with this round. If I can post some results I will. Thanks for the looks.
            It has only been available since Dec of last year or so, wasn't available during hunting seasons

Comment

• Goochylogic
              Warrior
              • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Redomen View Post
              I just got 200 rounds in the mail. I will use them next pig hunt and let you know how they do.
              Redomem, good luck to you. Hope they shoot as good in your gun as they do mine. Hope these thing work out.

Comment

• Goochylogic
                Warrior
                • Sep 2016

Originally posted by BCHunter View Post
                It has only been available since Dec of last year or so, wasn't available during hunting seasons
                BCHunter, Thanks for the info. Was thinking thay had been around since last summer. That explains the lack of comments, I hope.

Comment

• 1Shot
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2018

You could send Double Naught Spy a couple boxes. He probably would give them a try for you and give a great video report of how they work on hogs.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                    Chieftain
                    • Sep 2013

Considering a box is 200 rounds, 1 box would be sufficient, lol.
                    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• CaptnC
                      Warrior
                      • May 2018

This guy's likes it...

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                        Chieftain
                        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by CaptnC View Post
                        This guy's likes it...

https://youtu.be/DWtEBX66bxk
                        Target shooting is not hunting. Lots of ammo will do a great job poking paper or striking steel, but that doesn't mean it will do well tearing through a deer/hog/unicorn.
                        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Goochylogic
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2016

DNS, for some reason I was thinking you had posted some info on these rounds. I must have had a pre-senior moment and got them mixed up another round I guess. I can send you a handful of these if you dont have any. I know the legitimate statement about being a paper puncher. I had a couple people on another forum with their blood pressure spiking and punching walls trying to drive home the point the Black ammo acted like a FMJ. Im just very curious about any actual results on larger animals other than ground hogs and yotes. Thanks for all your past posted info.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

A buddy of mine still elk-hunts with 168gr SMK Federal Gold Medal Match in his .308 Winchester 20" LTR because he knows it, knows how it flies, and feels comfortable with it.

He puts the bullet through the heart, the elk drops dead, he quarters it for the horses, and moves on to getting it back down the mountain.

He never got the memo you were supposed to use a specific hunting bullet and that it wouldn't work.

Not what I would do unless that's all I had, but a Much 2+ projectile that has the mass to make it into/through the vitals of an animal will usually bring its demise.

Bob Stokes said the same thing about not caring about expansion even, as long as he got the round through the vitals.
                            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• CaptnC
                              Warrior
                              • May 2018

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                              Target shooting is not hunting. Lots of ammo will do a great job poking paper or striking steel, but that doesn't mean it will do well tearing through a deer/hog/unicorn.
                              My point was; ammo that shoots just over MOA at a grand...a guy should be able to pick which hair he wants to hit at normal hunting range...only thing to worry about after that is which tree to hang it in to skin it!

I've watched a bunch of your video...if it ain't broke...why try to fix it?

Comment

Working...
                              X