330 lb Boar, 6 Hogs More, all with Speer TNT 90 gr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IescapedCali
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

Great video, Brian. What a whopper of a hog. All that pig blood must make for some fertile fields.

Comment

• joedirt199
      Warrior
      • Jul 2015

What speeds are you running those 90 tnt's at? I have a bunch and got a line on an all you can shoot hog hunt in texas and was thinking of taking my 20" grendel as most shots will be taken from the back of utv's. I read some reloading threads on the tnt and slower velocities resulted in better accuracy as the lead is on the softer side like the gold dots. He said some shots can reach out pretty far, well beyond 200 yards. He and another guy got 60 hogs in a 3 day hunt last year.

He uses 223 for most of his hunts down there. I could load up some heavy bullets and use a 20" cmp style upper with free floated magpul handguards.
      Last edited by joedirt199; 07-29-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Les
        Warrior
        • Oct 2016

Nice lead on that last one. The credits had me going for a second as in 250 lb hunter? Whaaa? Oh yeah DNS. lol And the performance of that bullet continues to amaze me. Maybe I missed it but approx how long was the wound channel?
        Last edited by Les; 07-29-2018, 08:53 PM.
        Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by joedirt199 View Post
          What speeds are you running those 90 tnt's at? I have a bunch and got a line on an all you can shoot hog hunt in texas and was thinking of taking my 20" grendel as most shots will be taken from the back of utv's. I read some reloading threads on the tnt and slower velocities resulted in better accuracy as the lead is on the softer side like the gold dots. He said some shots can reach out pretty far, well beyond 200 yards. He and another guy got 60 hogs in a 3 day hunt last year.

He uses 223 for most of his hunts down there. I could load up some heavy bullets and use a 20" cmp style upper with free floated magpul handguards.
          I am getting 2800 fps from my 18" ARP barrel. I am getting 2920 fps from my Liberty 22" barrel. The gun in the above video is 18". I am using Federal American Eagle factory ammo.

Originally posted by Les View Post
          Nice lead on that last one. The credits had me going for a second as in 250 lb hunter? Whaaa? Oh yeah DNS. lol And the performance of that bullet continues to amaze me. Maybe I missed it but approx how long was the wound channel?
          I thought it was only fair to provide the weight of all the critters in the image, LOL. Plus, I didn't want to deal with the crap of folks proclaiming forced perspective of making the boar look larger than it was (which there is a little bit of that going because of the lengthwise orientation) so I included my weight and had my hand on the rifle to show I wasn't stationed way behind the hogs.

Well, there were two wound channels and they were both 8-9" as best as we could tell.
          Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 07-29-2018, 09:19 PM.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
          X