• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Speer TNT 2nd Hog Target Scatter Pattern

The goal was not a 2fer. The goal was to drop the primary target and then pick up runners. Instead, my first shot with the Speer TNT round entered the neck a tad high on the left and exited lower on the opposite side, apparently clipping the cervical spine and immobilizing the primary target. The secondary target was hit with at least 6 fragments that penetrated the skin. This corresponded with a large exit on the primary target's neck. Probing revealed the deepest fragment having penetrated about an inch. The most shallow penetration was about a quarter inch. More than likely, the depth of penetration corresponded with fragment weight, heavier fragments likely penetrating deeper. Given the rains at the time, no attempt was made at recovery of the fragments.

I was slow and low on the follow-up shots on the secondary target, but finally dropped it and put it down for good.

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • HuntTXhogs
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

Thermal looked decent in the rainy conditions - surprising

Grendel looks as lethal as ever : not surprising

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Another great video, thanks for posting!

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Very nice video. Carpe Sus indeed sir!
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Yes, that group into the second animal is amazing.

Comment

• Texas
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2016

It was very interesting to see the second hog jump more than the first one. It was like he was stung or something.

Comment

Working...
            X