• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

3 Stalks and 2 Boar Singles

Monday night was a great night to be out in terms of the weather, great thermal conditions, but overall was a boring night. However, I still managed to locate 3 and kill 2 singles. The hog I did not kill was another blind stalk. I have lost hogs on this property making this same stalk previously. Basically, I have to cross through a low valley where I lose sight of the hog for approximately 300-400 yards of a 500 yard stalk. Sometimes the hogs are still there when I arrive. Sometimes they are gone.

The other two stalks went quite well. The last stalk also had a small portion where I lost sight of the hog and the hog ended up surprising me, passing about 30 yards in front of me when I expected him to still be up on the hillside, more than 100 yards away. Generally speaking, I don't like to be closer than 75 yards on hogs when I am hunting alone. I don't know if he ever knew I was there or not, but after he passed by, he circled around, so I think he probably knew I was there, but didn't know what I was. He stopped and assessed and that was my opportunity to drop him.

No ballistic assessment on the first hog. On the second, the first shot dropped him and he collapsed upright. Hogs usually do not die in this position. With very few exceptions, when I find them this way, they are still alive. So I shot him a 2nd time. Examination of the body revealed that the first shot spined him, and so he was done. Not sure if he was alive at all or not, but the second shot smashed through the humerus and entered the thoracic cavity at the heart. So, he was dead, twice.

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • HuntTXhogs
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

Twice dead is a thing , especially when hunting hogs !

Excellent job - and I wish my boredom was as exciting as yours....

Comment

• Arkhangel5
      Warrior
      • Apr 2016

Nice vid as always DNS.

SY

Comment

• Frontier Gear
        Warrior
        • Nov 2017

Very nice video as always . Thanks for sharing.
        Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Thank you for the video.

Comment

Working...
          X