Clear All
  • Swampfox
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

Tree stand barrel length

• Texas
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2016

It depends on how far I can shoot and how far I have to hike. Generally I want the lightest/shortest that will get the job done.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
      Warrior
      • Nov 2017

Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

16 inch or less from a grendel will cover all the shots I could take from any spot I would hunt from my climbing stand.

Comment

• 1Shot
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

I have a 20" and 18" and they both work fine for me but the 18" carries and handles easier in tight places. 18" seems to be a good medium for a one gun do it all 300 yards and in deer rifle. I also have a Primary Arms 1-8x24 scope with the ACSS reticle that I really like. Set on one power with the reticle lit up is basically a red dot scope for close in or quick shots, then you can crank it up to anywhere up to 8X for precise shots at longer ranges. The quality of glass in my scope is as good as the two 3-9x50 VXII Leupold I have and you can set the reticle light on 1 and basically shoot in the dark without washing out everything in your view. I got the 1-8 power because of more precise shooting past 150 or so yards but if my shots were going to be inside 150 yards the 1-6x24 would be fine and they are $100 cheaper.

Comment

• depletedyourcranium
            Warrior
            • Nov 2017

Comment

• NightFisher
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2018

I use a 16" with no flash suppressor or muzzle brake. No Tax Stamp needed, handles easy and good to 300 yards

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

That's a great idea. Practice shooting non-dominant side. Thanks.

Comment

• Jakal
                  Warrior
                  • May 2014

Got a 12.5" and 1-20" and 1-16" dedicated nightvision rig.
                  The pistol is excellent in tight cover out to about 300 but if I'm in my field tree stand, I prefer the 20 which can get me out to 500 yards (coyotes) 350 for deer.

The other 20 is my precision rig and its way too heavy to carry. Mainly shoot it of the bench or truck hood, dirt berm etc. No bipod
                  Last edited by Jakal; 11-15-2018, 11:49 PM.
                  ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• Swampfox
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2018

Yeah my deer stand I get shots generally anywhere between from 20 to 130. I killed a deer last night at 75yards out of my stand with a 16in 5.56 with 45gr hollow points. One shot and she only went 30-40 yards.

Comment

• Texas
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2016

I would use my 12 inch pistol in that stand.

Comment

Working...
                      X