• Sep 2018

ELD Match

How good does the ELD Match do on deer?
  • NeilVT79
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Swampfox View Post
    How good does the ELD Match do on deer?
    I took 2 big deer with hornady black eld-m this year.

First one was a front shoulder shot from close range 25-30 yards. Broke the leg, jacket separated completely from lead projectile and continued through the heart & lungs then stopped in the liver. He made it about 20 yards after the shot.

Second one was facing me bareley quartering to my left shot him high in the hip, bullet broke his hip and spine, also severed a major artery. Jacket separated from projectile again making a large cavity and stopped just under the hide.

I believe if I had a broadside shot at either of the deer it would've penetrated through and through.

I was pleasantly surprised at the performance and so were my hunting partners, my brother in law is ditching his rem700 in 30-06 for a grendel next year.

If you look through the hunting & varmiting posts you'll see many others have had good results from the eld-m

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

Yes I saw better than expected results at 125 yards on both a moose and a deer. The deer was an easy pass through.

Comment

• RubberDucky
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2018

I've shot one so far with factory loaded ELD-M. Broadside at 320 yds out of a 12" barrel. Bullet went through the front shoulder and was just under the skin on the other side. Deer ran 40-50 yds and the internal damage was impressive considering the lower impact velocity. There are pics of the recovered bullet in my post in the hunting section.

Comment

Working...
        X