Filled my Elk tag with the grendel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats what im talking about! sign me up! Congrats.

Comment

Great to see you get that elk.. So much for the paper target only statements about the grendel

Comment

Paper targets only? Who woulld say such a thing about the Grendel? Surely no one who has ever hunted with a 6.5anything would suggest a Grendel was inadaquate for 99% of North American game. Rabbits,skunks, coons, fox. coyotes,wolf, bobcats,lynx, antelope, deer, hogs, smaller bear,elk, bison, moose and sheep have all fallen easily to the Grendel. That leave out (I think) caribou and ah...ah muskox.

Comment

thats a nice one con grats.

Comment

Originally posted by MKN574 View Post
            I filled my cow elk tag today with the Grendel. She was 204 yards facing me. I shot her at the base of the neck/chest. I used the Barnes 120ttsx's with 30 grains of 2520. What a great way to start the year off!

Wow that's awesome. I'm new to reloading what type of bullet is that Barnes ttx? is it a ballistic tip? Or made to stay together and mushroom? Nice elk sounds like your Grendel did it right!

Comment

Originally posted by MKN574 View Post
              I filled my cow elk tag today with the Grendel. She was 204 yards facing me. I shot her at the base of the neck/chest. I used the Barnes 120ttsx's with 30 grains of 2520. What a great way to start the year off!

How much did it weigh you think? Only have whitetails here.

Comment

Originally posted by hydrotech View Post
                How much did it weigh you think? Only have whitetails here.
                I am guessing she was around 300 lbs. She was a young cow. The bull I shot with my bow last september was around 850lbs.

Comment

Working...
                X