• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SightedIn
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

Utah guys need help with hunt dates

First off big thanks to the Utah guys for help with last years San Rafael hunt, it went perfect

I have three hunts planned for next fall, one in Utah in the Antimony area.
    Technically its not called a depredation hunt, but in reality it is, clearing deer off fields all around the town.
    Its at around 6500 feet, so not very high
    My research and understanding is that most of these deer are coming down off Mt. Dutton which is very close

I have three dates to choose, Aug 1-17, Sept. 15-25, and October 6-28
    August i'm certain most deer are still way up at Dutton. Plus its freakin hot
    Sept. would be a good middle of the road, but still deer numbers from altitude? not sure. And heat, could still be rough
    October seems a pretty logical choice, but maybe i'm missing something you guys might catch

I know many/most times deer near farms dont migrate, they stick around the fields. But i'm sure that could depend on crop. I think its all alfalfa.
    So maybe all this extra thought is a waste of time and i'm totally overthinking this one, you tell me
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

August is definitely usually pretty hot here.

October in the mountains can be bikini or arctic suit weather, it just depends on the storms and temps.

Need any help?
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• SightedIn
      Warrior
      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      August is definitely usually pretty hot here.

October in the mountains can be bikini or arctic suit weather, it just depends on the storms and temps.

Need any help?
      Sounds about what i figured.
      Thanks for the offer LR, when the date gets a bit closer i'll let you know on that, appreciate it.
      Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X