• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Pregnant Sows: Gold Dot 120s and SST 129

HuntTxhogs (Ben) and I went hunting at one of my regular spots. I was actually busted there earlier in the week just driving through the gate, LOL. So we got there well before dark and hunted from the truck as a base of operation. A cold front had moved through and dropped the temps into the 30s and with the wind, it was awfully chilly. So about every 5-10 minutes, one of us would leave the truck and make a circuit around the petroleum well pad and survey the various winter wheat fields. Four hours or so into this process, hogs were finally spotted.

The moon was bright enough to capture some SiOnyx footage, which also was a problem for stalking in open terrain. No doubt we got spotted, but not recognized as a threat, and the hogs started working their way away from us. As we hurriedly set up under a tree, unbeknownst to me, Ben was fighting with unseen tree branches hitting him in the head and catching on his gear.

We made our shots and the hogs disappeared pretty quickly. Ben had a bad start with with the tree and then with a hog oriented all wrong when I reached "1" on the countdown. However, he stayed after it and hit it multiple times and it finally went down. This worked out well for his goal of retrieving the Gold Dots to see how they performed. I finally got a good broadside shot on a hog that didn't hit heavy bone. This worked out well enough for me to get a good look at the wound through the body. I did follow up with a TNT round that was not necessary. That round ended up somewhere in the neck and we didn't bother to try to recover it.

The bonus was that both hogs were sows and were pregnant. Ben's hog yield 6 on board and 3 from mine gave us a total of 9 that will not be future problems.

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Great vid as always sir.

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Another great video , thanks .

Comment