Looking for prairie dog huntering companion(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Duncan

Looking for prairie dog huntering companion(s)

I have hunted prairie dogs a couple of times and really enjoy it. My problem has been finding someone to hunt with. I would love to find a hunting companion. The place I used to hunt used to allow singles, but does not anymore, and besides, its just a lot more fun to have someone to shoot with. It has reached the point that I have been seriously considering selling my PD rifle. The place I hunted is in western KS and I'm in southeast KS.

Thanks, Bob

I would in a heartbeat if I was closer!

Comment

bit far for you to probably come out here to New Mexico, I haven't been out hunting them for awhile, place I used to go I road my ATV back about 25 miles, remote area, I would climb up on this his and the dogs were spread over an area about 200 yards x 500 yards, alot of fun

Comment

• acelungger

Hey Bob,
        I am looking for some one to do Rifle Target and maybe dog hunt! I havn't been for 20 years, but we used to go to Cold Water Kansas and hunt, a lot of fun!!
        I live in S.E. Kansas.
        Maybe we could shoot sometime?
        Greg

Comment

Hello there - my first post, though I have been lurking for some time. Don't own a Grendel yet, but I think I am pretty close to ordering an upper.

I am in Wichita and I have been looking for a place to hunt prairie dogs for some time now. There are a two other friends who want to go as well. After some research we were thinking about heading out to Cimarron in May - June to try our luck there.

Although we are all hunters, none of us know what we are doing when it comes to pd hunting.

Comment

A prairie dog hunt sounds great! I am in Overland Park, Ks. I am still waiting on my rifle (should be here in a week or so), but when I get it, and some time, I would like to do some varminting. Keep in touch if you live reasonably close etc.

Comment

We used to have a town near Salina, but the farmer wiped it out. I (and probably my brother) would be up for some pd shooting if you've got a town lined up. He has a RRA Varminter in .223 Wylde and I'm waiting on the bolt for my 6.5.
              Once the bolt gets in and I can get some loads worked up we'd be good to go. I'm retired military and my brother is retiring from the fire department in September.

Comment

Working...
              X