Anybody use factory federal fusion 120 grain on hogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cottobe
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2019

Anybody use factory federal fusion 120 grain on hogs?

I'm 2 weeks out from a hog hunt and it will be my first hunt with my new grendel and all I have shot at the range is fusions (My 18-inch PSA upper loves them.) I just wanted to check if anybody else out there has had some good success with these fusions from 50 to 100 yards?
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Yea I have used them on a deer. With my 16 inch grendel.

If your 18 inch shoots them good, then don't worrie about it, put it where it needs too be and take lots of pics with your dead hogs.

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
      Warrior
      • Jan 2014

Fusion, gold dot, deep curl : it’s all the same tech

You’ll kill good enough with the bullet / ammo your referencing

I lost a bit of faith in the 6.5mm version having had super good results in 308 and 338 with a variety of the above projectiles.

I’m no engineer but the shape in 6.5mm doesn’t lend itself to a deep driving tough bullet in my opinion.

I’ve instead started to work with lighter and faster in Grendel as a work around.

An option is American Eagle 90 gr TNT - it’s proven to be consistent on killing hogs but you’ll ruin meat.

Don’t be fooled by the label and “varmint” classification of the ammo, again due to shape and speed it’ll kill ...

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Fusions do exactly what they are supposed to do. They open up and bore a nice hole through the hog. This if great if you want eaters. If you aren't eating them, then HTh mentioned AE TNT 90 gr. which is great. I also like Hornady SST 123 gr. Both tend to come apart (the former, even more so) and do excess damage.
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
        X