• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Another "Chupacabra"

While they are mythical creatures, the ones identified on news programs and such are always canids with severe mange. That mange would appear to be sarcoptic mange. It is nasty stuff for coyotes and other animals. It is nasty when humans get it, too, resulting in a condition called scabies.

While I like giving landowners some relief from animal pests, it is nice when that extends to the animals as well. This poor coyote had undoubtedly been suffering for quite a while. The large blotchy whitish ares are indicative of extensive tunneling by the female sarcoptic mites. No doubt summer is hard on a hairless animal. Winter would be harder. It won't have to go through it any more.

For my coyote hunting friends, if you get one like this, do not handle it without gloves (rubber, latex, nitrile) and don't let it come in contact with your clothing. Mites can transfer to your clothing and then to you or later to people and animals in your home. These mites can survive for 2-3 days without being on a host.

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Good job and great vid as always sir.

Comment

• 37L1
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

You did that animal a big favor, for sure. I've never seen one with mange that bad. Good job, as always!

Comment

• sundowner
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2017

Good job put it out of it's misery .

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

Yeah, I really hate to see them like that. Sad, actually.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Bayouhunter1960
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2019

I saw one like that about 6 yrs ago in Linden Al. when a member of our club shot it.

Comment

Working...
            X