• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arkhangel5
    Warrior
    • Apr 2016

Pregnant sow with 12in Monster build.

My Grendel scored #5 tonight.

Went out tonight, and spotted this sow with another hog at about 100yds away. Snuck up on them with the moon up high behind me and me keeping in the shadow of trees to close the distance.

I got to within 40yds, when I stopped and watched. Other hog moved off and this hog started trotting towards me, she got to within 20yds and I let a shot off at her shoulder.

I saw her rear back and stumble, she recovered and ran in front of me, sent another round and she turned away from me and hit the afterburners. I put my dot on her and sent another round. Heard the smack then I hear the squealing peak and die off.

Waited a few min, before tracking, went in direction I heard the squealing, probably about 60-70yds. Found her under a big bush, still breathing, and I finished her off with 9mm.

In the dark I thought she was maybe a piglet(looked small), but after I took the photo and moved some grass that was covering her, she was bigger than I thought. And pregnant.

My club manager was happy that she didnt drop her brood to keep tearing up club property.

sow5.png

Bullet was a Nosler 120BT going 2230fps, out of 12in barrel.
    Night vision is Bushnell Equinox behind a SiG Romeo5 RDS.
    Evolva T20 IR illuminator.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Arkhangel5; 10-19-2019, 04:39 AM. Reason: better picture
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Well done! Keeping after her was the right thing to do.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Well done .

Comment

Working...
      X