• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GREYBUFF
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

Very Nice!!!!
    I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Congrats on a nice Buck man!

Your rifle set-up is pretty slick as well.

What speed are you getting with the 100gr TTSX?
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• MarkS
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2018

Thanks! I'm getting 2426 fps using 29.4gn of Benchmark.

This is the most accurate load in my rifle. It is consistently less than .5 MOA at 100 yds which is pretty darn good for a 12.5" barrel and a mediocre shooter behind the trigger.
        Last edited by MarkS; 12-01-2019, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• Javman
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

Very nice! And there is some fugger on another forum posting that the Grr is incapable of killing deer past 200yds! Clueless fug! That is a dandy buck!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Javman View Post
            Very nice! And there is some fugger on another forum posting that the Grr is incapable of killing deer past 200yds! Clueless fug! That is a dandy buck!
            Yea people have been saying that seen the day grendel was born.

They weren't correct then and they ain't correct now.

The funniest one I ever heard was a guy shooting 300 slowout at the local range trying to tell me his 10 inch pistol was more capable of kills at 500 yards then my 16 inch grendel.

Me and two friends (They shot 6.8, but aren't spc nazi's) just kind of looked at each other. Like is this mall ninja for real.

Comment

• Javman
              Warrior
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
              Yea people have been saying that seen the day grendel was born.

They weren't correct then and they ain't correct now.

The funniest one I ever heard was a guy shooting 300 slowout at the local range trying to tell me his 10 inch pistol was more capable of kills at 500 yards then my 16 inch grendel.

Me and two friends (They shot 6.8, but aren't spc nazi's) just kind of looked at each other. Like is this mall ninja for real.
              I hear A5. We got a friend with that same attitude. Says his 12" slowout with a laser is the flattest shooting coyote killer ever! I just bit my tongue and laughed inside.

Comment

• MarkS
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2018

Added a couple of does this weekend to fill out my quota, one was with subsonic 300 BLK and the other with 6.5 Grrr.

The 300 BLK was from a tree stand at about 30 yards. Perfect double lung shot. The sound of the bullet hitting the rocks after exiting the doe was the loudest part of the suppressed shot from my single shot rifle. The other deer were startled by the doe jumping and running away, but they didn't run away and went back to enjoying the alfalfa hay that the cows didn't eat. She ran about 50 yards, then just stood there and bled-out until she stumbled another few yards and dropped dead. She was a healthy 100 lbs which is a good size for the doe in the area this year.

The other doe was a perfect neck shot at 135 yards with the Grendel. Instant drop. Not even a kick or spasm after she hit the ground. She weighed in at 95 lbs.

Each cartridge performed as expected/designed, but if I want DRT, I will always choose the Grendel.

Comment

Working...
                X