X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomc
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2016

Grendels lack of pass thru shots with a blood trail is why I recently ordered an AR10. If they don't drop in their tracks you can usually forget following a blood trail and I hate not recovering an animal. Read thru this forum and you will see that is not unusual. I know several here blow elephants and dinosaurs in half with their Grendels but that has not been this hunters experience.

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

My buddy that invited us axis hunting, suggested we change our aim point from behind the shoulder to the top of the shoulder. He and others almost lost animals due to no blood trail. And I might add, they were all using 7 mag or larger.

If you want to anchor more animals change your point of aim. If you want a blood trail I can’t help you .
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by tomc View Post
        Grendels lack of pass thru shots with a blood trail is why I recently ordered an AR10. If they don't drop in their tracks you can usually forget following a blood trail and I hate not recovering an animal. Read thru this forum and you will see that is not unusual. I know several here blow elephants and dinosaurs in half with their Grendels but that has not been this hunters experience.
        Lmao. I have shot southern whitetail deer with 308, 300 wm, 338 federal, 7mm mag, 270 Winchester and 243 and had more no blood trail vital hits then blood trails.

It ain't the speed are the dia of the bullet. It's shot placement that gives blood trails.

Low in the vitals and at a downward angle is best for a blood trail with a bullet in the vitals.

Comment

• Troutguide
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

I have seen near identical performances from sst in 6.5 and .30-06. One hole, no blood. But good placement so quick death and no tracking. Would be worried on a little less desirable placement. Two holes on a marginal shot can be tracked later. Trying ablr and lead free next.
          "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Bobke
            Warrior
            • Dec 2015

Finally got a doe down with 20? Satern cut rifled Grendel and with a 100% front on shot, and without a completely stable platform, pulled the shot about 2? right at 100 or so yds. Went high point of front shoulder down flank and through rear ham and not recovered. 27.2 AR Comp under 123gr Sierra BTHP, right at 2465fps. 30yds and done. Full penetration end to end with pretty decisive result. Perfect no, effective yes.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2013

This is the kind of blood trail I can follow, one where there is so much blood that the ground is slick with it. This is an entry side bleed out from a shot very low on the chest. The bullet did not exit.

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 12-22-2019, 03:24 PM.
              Kill a hog. Save the planet.
              My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• gldprimr
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2016

I haven?t needed blood trails so far with Grendel however am getting good exits and blood.
                I am using the Nolser 125 gr. Partition bullet many will say isn?t needed for Grendel (probably isn?t needed) however it is working well for me.
                I?ve shot three deer with it so far with complete pass through, good exit wounds and blood though deer either dropped in their tracks or one gave a short 60 yard death dash.
                The load I?m using with AR-Comp is giving me 2550 fps (10 shot average) out of my CZ-527 American.
                So far I?m very pleased with it?s performance on game.

Comment

Working...
                X