• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Frustrations and Successes, Coyote and Hogs

Everything I shot disappeared into a lower area. Everything I shot or saw ended up running. The first hog I shot I thought should have been DRT and apparently I was off the mark because he ran back over the other side of the hill and into the woods and I don't go searching by myself in the woods after injured hogs in the dark. On top of that, I have a hog with an extra wound for which I cannot account. Still, I had a great evening of hunting. For a change, I saw several animals that I tried to go after on different properties. It wasn't a perfect hunt, but it sure beat the heck out of the nights that I make the rounds to my properties and see absolutely nothing.

No bullet recovery at all. Even on the recovered boar and getting him skinned, I could not find any bullet fragments visually or with the metal detector.

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • CJW
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Very interesting DNS......

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Maybe a fragment deflected off a bone and came back out ahead of the inguinal notch?
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Goochylogic
        Warrior
        • Sep 2016

Another great video. Bullets do strange things. Shot a doe at 150yrds quartering away hard on right side at rib and stomach area. Hoping to punch thru to the heart and lungs. Bullet entered at ribs turned upwards stuck the spine and lodged in the left hind qtr. Haven't figured that one out yet. Walked 20 yrds and expired.

Comment

• sundowner
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2017

Great video maybe you did hit it with the second shot .

Comment

Working...
          X