Favorite Venison recipes? Make this a Sticky!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Favorite Venison recipes? Make this a Sticky!!

We should have a sticky for favorite venison recipes.
    I have some deer meat coming but my wife is concerned b/c we don't have any good venison recipes.

So I thought, why don't we have a sticky for favorite recipes?

So here goes, members of the Horde.....
    Venison chef's of the Horde, Unite!!!!!
    ps, we could have a separate sticky for pork, or other game (or a misc for not-so-prevalent game).
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Roast cooked with pork roast, potatoes, carrots,onions, peas and seasoning-make gravy from drippings. Can be canned for later consumption. Steaks fried in butter "oil" and chopped onions and served with fried eggs. Heart, boiled in salt water until cooked,sliced and served like sliced roast beef. Ribs cooked in secret sauce. No more to add.

Comment

• Keef
      Warrior
      • Jun 2017

Backstrap steaks wrapped in bacon cooked rare with Montreal steak seasoning. Can be done on a fire or a cast iron skillet if inside. Pressure can everything else. Some I go ahead and put stew ingredients in and it's ready to dump heat and eat. Some cans I do nothing but deer meat in and you can make what ever you want. I even do some in teriyaki flavor for use in Chinese style dishes. Just cook rice and you have a meal.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Deer burger.

Ground to your liking add 5 pounds of hickery smoked bacon (ground as well) per 12 to 15 pounds of deer.

Good in chilli, burgers, spaghetti, lasagna, shepords pie, Mexican cornbread.

Comment

• ricsmall
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Burger, I actually like the burgers. Backstrap wrapped in bacon seasoned with Montreal steak or southern flavor wild game seasoning cooked to med rare. Tenderloins seasoned the same grilled to med rare. Cube steak fried, grilled, or crock pot. The regular southern flavor is very good as well, makes the most mouth watering ribeye you?ve ever had. I?ve actually had some restaurants around here and most all in Selma, Al area use on their steaks.

ETA: I?m not affiliated with Southern flavor, just like to pass on good stuff

The seasoning that works on YOUR schedule. Southern Flavor isn’t a marinade that requires hours of attention. Sprinkle on or in your dish, then cook. That's it.
          Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Rugerfan.64
            Warrior
            • May 2014

Whole backstrap, wrap in bacon, inject with creole butter Cajun injector, sprinkle liberally with Tony's . Water smoker for 21/2 hours or 145 degrees. Its like a miniature prime rib.

1lb of ground deer, browned , remove from skillet to drain, 2 cans cream of mushroom soup into skillet, 2 beef bullion cubes, 1 1/2 to 1 2/3 can of water, mix soup water and cubes in skillet, add back the deer meat, simmer, 2 heaping teaspoons sour cream. Mix well, simmer a few min, serve over rice.

Comment

• grayfox
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2017

These are a great start!!
              We had some steak cut into fajita strips last night for fajitas, but I need to find her recipe.
              I will be sharing these ones with her too.
              She cooks lots better than I do!
              "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Squiddley
                Unwashed
                • Jul 2017

A hindquarter or shoulder on the smoker for 8-10 hours.

Comment

• Redomen
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2016

Chicken fried with rice and brown gravy! Or slow cooked roast with potatoes and carrots!

Comment

• 1Shot
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2018

For a roast: Mix one package of dry brown gravy mix, one pack of dry Ranch dressing, one pack of dry Italian dressing mix with 3/4 Cup of water. Place roast in a crock pot and pour the mix over the roast coating good. Place in the fridge over night to marinate. The next day remove from fridge flip the roast over in the crock pot making sure that you coat it again with the mix then cook on low for 8 hrs. Add any other things like backed potatoes or veggies to eat with it. it is SOOO GOOOD and tender.

Comment

• Rugerfan.64
                      Warrior
                      • May 2014

Have y'all noticed a certain southern flair in these recipes ? Careful we'll soon have another war of Northern Aggression , this time it'll be over our food. Well, cept for the guy from Montana, he don't count as a yankee I don't suppose.

Comment

• kmon
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2015

6 inch piece of backsrap

Coat thickly with Montreal Steak Seasoning and put in ziplock bag, put in fridge until the next day. Take out and let come up to room temp then cook over hot coals until rare to medium rare. Take off grill and let rest 5 minutes then slice thin cross grain.

For those that like bacon burger. Sometime when you have the smoker going smoke some bacon very smoky to where it is about to smoky to be good then grind that up 20 bacon with the venison burger. You can cook this indoors or even on a Forman grill and it taste like it was cooked over a fire outside. Works great in Chili also

Comment

• Troutguide
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2017

Williams Chili seasoning packet(s)enough for 4 lbs of meat. Brown 4 lbs ground venison seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Once browned add seasoning packet (might want to add a little extra chili powder to taste) stir to mix and heat just a bit then add a large can of tomato juice or now a plastic jug 2 qt.size, 4 16oz cans diced tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes. Add 2 cans great northern beans and one can pinto beans. Cook for another 30 min. Check if more salt is needed, likely is so add some. Optional: to make thick and add another layer of flavor mix 3/4 cup corn masa(for tortillas) with 1 cup water to make a slurry then mix in stirring constantly. Once mixed let cook on low another 10 min. Serve with saltine crackers.
                          Last edited by Troutguide; 12-14-2019, 02:19 PM.
                          "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Troutguide
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2017

Slice round steaks 1/2 inch thick. Tenderize with a mallet or whatever you prefer. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and most important chili powder. Coat with flour and fry over relatively high heat. Don’t flip until some blood begins to push up into the flour on top then cook just enough to cook flour on new side still med. rare. Make gravy with pan drippings draining some oil if needed and adding flour, salt, pepper, and milk. Serve with gravy over fried potatoes.

Comment

• Troutguide
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2017

Shank, neck, and shoulder meat(1-1.5 lbs)cooked in a pressure cooker till tender. In large skillet saute one yellow onion sliced, and two cups of sliced mushrooms(preferably wild oyster mushrooms) in butter/oil until tender and just starting to brown. Add salt and pepper. Mix in shank meat and some juices from it and add one 16oz container of sour cream. Mix well, cook on low for just a min or two. Serve over wide egg noodles.

Comment

Working...
                              X