X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael-95037
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2019

DNS, Another great video. For those of us hunting in non-lead states, have you done any hunting/testing with copper bullets? I'm thinking of loading up some Barnes TTSX 100gr. Would you recommend them? I was using a Win 270 with 130gr. Nosler Partitions until they became illegal. I'm getting back into hunting and I'll be switching to the Grendel and copper for pigs this year. No night hunting in California, so I usually hunt just before sunset and my typical shots for pigs are right around 75-125 yards.

Thanks
    Last edited by Michael-95037; 01-17-2020, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Michael-95037 View Post
      DNS, Another great video. For those of us hunting in non-lead states, have you done any hunting/testing with copper bullets? I'm thinking of loading up some Barnes TTSX 100gr. Would you recommend them? I've been using a Win 270, but will be switching the Grendel for pigs this year. I usually hunt just before sunset and my typical shots for pigs are right around 75-125 yards.

Thanks
      I have hunted with Cavity Back bullets. HuntTXhogs has done some work with Maker TREX bullets. I have some Barnes LRX 127s that A5Blaster gave me to test, but haven't yet.

In the mean time, the first 11 results of this search are Cavity Back results...

There are some informative videos in this group that will give you some idea how the bullets perform, but be sure to check out this video. I lost the hog, but it was a pretty amazing loss, I thought - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDHUyk-J7sU&t=6s

Also see these for Maker TREX

The Maker TREX seem to hold on to their petals better than the Cavity Back Bullets.
      Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 01-17-2020, 10:54 PM.
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• CS Vrdad
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2019

I wish Maker sold loaded ammo in 6.5 for those of us who can't reload.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

That is where companies like Precision Firearms or Custom Reloads of Dallas (who does my ammo) come into play and can make ammo for you. CRD does new ammo or reloads as desired. www.DallasReloads.com Precision Firearms has a wide select that they offer. I don't know if they would do actual custom work or not.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by CS Vrdad View Post
            I wish Maker sold loaded ammo in 6.5 for those of us who can't reload.
            They use to sale a 6.5 grendel trex load?

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

Cs. Paul at maker will load ammo for you. Just call him.
              Last edited by Bigs28; 01-20-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X