• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Tough Hog down

Found a few hogs among the cows last night. They were in some brush, and I couldn't find a tree or fence post to shoot off of, so I was shooting from kneeling position. I'm not too good offhand from any position. Now that I've got my excuse out of the way,,,, First shot was quartering away slightly. Bullet hit behind left shoulder, a bit too high, and exited breaking the right shoulder,and he ran. Another shot as he was running almost severed the left rear leg. Couldn't tell where it entered, and he still got up again. It took more than one more shot to put him "out" completely . He was tough. The range was about 100yds, or a tad less. Still using the 123gr ELD's. I would like to try out the 120 Gold Dots, but right now reloading components are scarce, so I'll have to wait, and use what I have on hand. Still have some SST's that I'll go to when the ELD's are gone. Pics aren't that great, but it was getting late, and I was tired and in a hurry to get to bed
    Attached Files
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • CJW
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Tactical folks could learn a lot from pigs about getting off the X. Pigs don't do first aid, however, so even if he got away, I suspect your first shot was terminal. Good job!
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• gwtx
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

Thanks Chuck, I have a box to try out. I'll let you know how they work out. By then I might need to get back to you. PM Sent
        When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• sundowner
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2017

Thanks for the info .

Comment

Working...
          X