• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

More spot and stalk, coyote and hogs

Back on the new property, racking up the pedestrian miles. It is best to hunt areas as far apart as possible. The first hog was more than a mile from where I shot the coyote and last hog, LOL. The 2nd hog came out of nowhere. There appeared to be literally hundreds of yards of open field with nothing between me and distant coyote and cattle. Then all of a sudden, this hog appeared out of thin air (it would seem). The last hog was part of a sounder, but it was apparently the only one on my side of the fence and while I was watching her compatriots, she was in the cattle near me until I accidentally spooked her (and me, in the process). Fun times in the dark...

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • HuntTXhogs
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

That sow was dead before she knew what was happening

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Yeah, she was much closer than I would have liked.

For those that don't know it, the reason why I don't get in tight with the hogs like many hunters do is because I can't afford get injured by an animal when hunting by myself in the middle of the night, plain and simple. I am enough of a threat to myself as it is, LOL. I figure 75-125 yards is about the perfect distance to be able to shoot well and remain safe. That sow was too close, particularly since I didn't know she was there until she came out of the cattle.
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• sundowner
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2017

Great video thanks .

Comment

• gwtx
          Warrior
          • Feb 2019

WOW, I even jumped when the sow ran into the picture Good job,,,or as a co-worker of mine used to say:
          "Pretty Work Hoss" Thank you
          When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
            Warrior
            • May 2017

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
            Yeah, she was much closer than I would have liked.

For those that don't know it, the reason why I don't get in tight with the hogs like many hunters do is because I can't afford get injured by an animal when hunting by myself in the middle of the night, plain and simple. I am enough of a threat to myself as it is, LOL. I figure 75-125 yards is about the perfect distance to be able to shoot well and remain safe. That sow was too close, particularly since I didn't know she was there until she came out of the cattle.
            I completely agree with that sentiment!

Comment

• Jerikeaux
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2020

Another great video, and one hell of a shot on that running sow.

Comment

• ported45
                Warrior
                • Feb 2018

Face plant! Great hunt!

Comment

Working...
                X