• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Hog down today,,only one

Spotted these two boars two days in a row on neighboring property I have permission to hunt.
    The first day they were gone by the time I could get there.(.95 mile away). I may have alerted them with my old truck the first day. Today I spotted them again, same time, same station. I got on my bicycle and rode to the sight. Almost had a heart attack on the way(kidding), it's getting kinda hard on this old man to ride that far in a panic . Had to maneuver a bit to get a shot that wouldn't hit the feeder. I was kneeling, leaning on a "caliche" hill. (old drilling location bulldozed into a big pile) Had trouble getting a steady sight picture. (always an excuse if you look hard enough). Shot hit further back than where I thought I was aiming.(maybe he moved forward just as I shot. (another excuse?) The ELD-M did a good job. Swelling around the entrance looks like probably hit a rib. Exit wound was too messy to tell much about. He was DRT, and that's what matters. I think that was the last of the batch of ELD's I had made up. So, I'm back to the SST's for a while. Sorry the pics don't show more detail, but I didn't feel like "messing" with him. He had fat gray ticks as big as a marble on him. . Lockdown is over, Get out and kill some hogs
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gwtx; 05-19-2020, 04:43 PM.
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • Arkhangel5
    Warrior
    • Apr 2016

GW,

Good story. I like the use of technology. Good pics and write up.

SY

Comment

• CJW
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

GWTX, man you are the cutting edge of cool.

Great pictures and story.

Chuck

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

LOL, any night you come home with a hog is a good night in my book. Caliche hill looks like an outstanding shooting spot. Good job!
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• sundowner
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2017

Great story , thanks .

Comment

Working...
          X