What are you running? Show and tell about you hunting rigs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bullseyetony
    Bloodstained
    • May 2020

What are you running? Show and tell about you hunting rigs.

Just curious what most are running here on their hunting rigs. 6.5 grendel of course but what optics and other add on or upgrades are you rocking?.
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Comment

• kmon
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2015

Raely shoot the AR since I built the CZ Boltaction 527 a couple years befre they finally chambered it in the Grendel. Started as a 527 in 7.62X39 that we custom turned an Obermeyer barrel to match the stock after milling out the stock for those little inlays for the sight ring, trued the action and pillar and glass bedded the stock. for a 7lb 3oz rifle scoped and loaded ready to hunt it shoots sub half MOA with it's preferred loads and MOA with Hornady black. Scope is a Kahles 3-9 that I had on hand. Real handy hunting rig

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Cz 527 varmint model grendel in a bell and Carlson stock, Dip 25 moa rail leupold rings Athlon Midas btr gen 2 4.5x27 scope, set trigger function at 11 onces, single set option at 2 1/4 pounds, 129 ablr handloads is all it will eat for hunting.

12 inch home build, 1-6 pst gen 2 sfp built on six8 recivers and mags, running 120 federal fusion and 120 gold dot handloads.

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• mel
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2019

atn 4k pro nv/day scope, form 1 supressor and either a sniper hog lights 66lrx ( picture above) or sniper hog lights coyote cannon ir illuminator for night use , which ir i put on the gun depends on how far ill need to see and how light i want my rig if we have to hike a good bit

coyote cannon mounted on this pic

Comment

• Bullseyetony
              Bloodstained
              • May 2020

Originally posted by mel View Post

atn 4k pro nv/day scope, form 1 supressor and either a sniper hog lights 66lrx ( picture above) or sniper hog lights coyote cannon ir illuminator for night use , which ir i put on the gun depends on how far ill need to see and how light i want my rig if we have to hike a good bit

coyote cannon mounted on this pic
              That's outright badass....

Comment

• wreckster84
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2020

My first Grendel on a PSA lower rifle stock build. The upper is from Battle Creek Armory, little known and a very small shop so I took a chance. Kaw Valley linear comp mounted. It's plane jane and nothing fancy. I've had some issues zeroing (separate thread) so this 1-6x24 scope is not my choice for hunting, just using it to diagnose grouping issues.

Comment

• janttony
                  Unwashed
                  • Jun 2020

This is mine ZRO Delta matched upper and lower with SLR MLOK rail cerakoted SIG gray, Geissele SSA-E trigger, JP Enterprises 6.5 Grendel bolt/BCG, Hogue pistol grip and stock, Ballistic Advantage 16" stainless barrel, and a Vortex 2-7 Crossfire II. I want to get some better glass later on (right now, I've swapped my Nikon Prostaff 5 3.5-14 on the rig), but I like being able to dial down for close shots AND I've been able to make consistent hits out to 500 yards with it. Was able to take a buck last season, and I'll be taking it out again this year. For those Hornady Black 123 grain ELD-M's to not be a "hunting" bullet, they did extremely well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• janttony
                    Unwashed
                    • Jun 2020

And since I'm such a newbie, how are you guys posting larger pics on your posts?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Grendeltexashunter
                      Unwashed
                      • Jan 2019

Grendel 1
                      grendel1.jpg
                      Day hunting sbr * 2 stamps

1. 12 inch faxon 6.5 Grendel barrel, fde cerakote aero precision ar15 upper, pri gas buster charging handle, alexander arms 6.5 Grendel bolt + bootleg adjustable bolt carrier, kryptek highlander hydrodipped alg defense mlok 9 inch free float handguard,
                      primary arms 1-8x acss griffin mil/mil scope on American defense quick detach 30mm mount, magpul 45 degree offset buis, odinworks melonite .750 gas block, spikes tactical melonite carbine gas tube, dead air sandman s suppressor + dead air muzzle brake

fde cerakote aero precision lower, geiselle ssa trigger, fde cerakote dark industries milspec buffer tube, carbine spring+h2 buffer, kryptek highlander hydrodipped b5 bravo milspec stock, spikes tactical lower parts kit, magpul pistol grip hydrodipped in kryptek highlander, vtac kryptek highlander 2 point sling

current upgrades on order are vortex 1-10 razor hd3 on a warne msr 34mm mount

future buys: would like the beringoptics hogster termal clip on for nighttime hunting
                      Last edited by Grendeltexashunter; 06-27-2020, 06:04 AM. Reason: missing info

Comment

• Grendeltexashunter
                        Unwashed
                        • Jan 2019

Grendel 2 for nighttime hunting
                        grendel2.jpg
                        1. 12 inch stainless steel palmetto state armory barrel, rattle can desert tiger stripe finish on aero precision ar15 upper, bcm charging handle, palmetto state armory 6.5 Grendel melonite bolt carrier group, alg defense 9 inch keymod free float handguard with rattle can desert tiger stripe finish, Sightmark Wraith 4-32x50 digital night vision scope + American defense acog mount, utg accusync 45 degree offset buis, odinworks melonite .750 gas block, palmetto state armory melonite 6.5 bcg, Wilson combat accutac flash hider, ir light from ebay 750 lumens

Anderson lower + rattle can desert tiger stripe finish, larue mbt-2s straight bow 2 stage trigger, Anderson lpk, anderson milspec buffer tube, carbine spring+carbine buffer, sbtactical sba3 brace, magpul pistol grip, condor single point sling
                        Last edited by Grendeltexashunter; 06-27-2020, 05:39 AM.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by janttony View Post
                          And since I'm such a newbie, how are you guys posting larger pics on your posts?

Use a free web photo hosting sight like Flickr, Imgur and insert the bbc code into the narrative of your post. The bbc code is a hot link to your photo where you can select the size of the picture. You can also use a hosting site to link to videos and is a way to save pictures in the event your phone, tablet, computer dies.

Comment

• 1Shot
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2018

I don't do pictures for personal reasons.

2018 deer season I ran a 20" BCA upper AR with an old Leupold VXIII 3-9x50 scope that I had Premier Reticle put a heavy German style reticle and click adjustment target turrets in just before they went out of business. Clear glass and reticle is great for low light. The lower was an Anderson with a 3.5 POF trigger collapsible carbine style stock that I built. I ran 28 grs IMR 8208, Hornady case, CCI 450, 120 Speer Gold Dot. Did awesomely on the deer I shot.

2019 deer season I ran a 18" Oden works barrel Anderson upper & lower frame, 15" Stingr handguard, POF 3.5 trigger, collapsible carbine style stock I built with a Primary Arms 1-8 power ACSS scope. Love this scope for the closer range woods hunting. Used a load of 28.5 grs IMR 8208, Hornady Case, CCI 450, 120 Sierra Pro Hunter which did great on the deer I shot with it.

I ran a linier muzzle device which I can't remember off the top of my head the maker on both rifles. Love the linier devices and have since put Stoner's version from Midway on some other ARs I have. They direct the muzzle blast down range and you don't feel any concussion like a break or flash hider type. I am sure that if you had to shoot without ear protection it would help. I keep a set of the rubber ribbed ear plugs on a string around my neck and can quickly pop them into my ears before shooting while hunting. Wish I had done this years ago. I have heard beeeeeee in my ears since I was about 12 years old from shooting without ear protection. 50 years ago most did not even think about using hearing protection.

Comment

• janttony
                              Unwashed
                              • Jun 2020

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                              Use a free web photo hosting sight like Flickr, Imgur and insert the bbc code into the narrative of your post. The bbc code is a hot link to your photo where you can select the size of the picture. You can also use a hosting site to link to videos and is a way to save pictures in the event your phone, tablet, computer dies.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X