First coyote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First coyote

This is my first coyote, second one called. Can't believe how exciting predator hunting is. Healthy male around 35-40lbs. Called in with Minaska Big Country and decoy, dispatched with 6.5 Grendel 123 AMAX.

nice work! Still trying to find one with my Grendel!

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Great pictures and well done. Could you give us some more details on your Grendel , Barrel, scope, type etc.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Great looking dog, too! Beautifully done!

Comment

Congratulations, that is a nice looking yote, most of mine are scruffy looking.
          Bob

Comment

AA billet upper
            18" Satern barrel, mid-length gas system, Vortex flashider
            PRI rifle length handguard
            Billet lower, Timney 3lbs trigger
            ACE M4 SOCOM stock
            Leupold VX3 (pre Mark 4) 3-10x40 scope, TMR reticle and M3 turrets

Took it apart yesterday and sent the barrel back to Saturn to get re-threaded to 5/8x24 so its going to loose 1/2" when I get it back. Once it arrives I'm going to convert it with Adams Arms piston kit and Samson Evo handguard to be used with AAC Scar-H can. Will post pix and range report once done.
            Since I have the upper laying around I may get 22-24" tube from Satern to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
              Congratulations, that is a nice looking yote, most of mine are scruffy looking.
              Bob
              Thanks Bob,

this was a healthy male. I took him at Deer Creak Lodge, KY. Its my second coyote called in, but couldn't connect with my 300 whisper on the first one. I guess I got too excited and misjudged the distance of 150 yards so I took the Grendel out to take me out of the equation!

Comment

That's a good size coyote, congratulations. Nice pics. How long of a shot was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
                  That's a good size coyote, congratulations. Nice pics. How long of a shot was it?
                  It was a long shot of 60 yards. These things move when they come in unlike deer.

Comment

• PA_Allen
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2011

Gongrats on the nice coyote and very nice pictures!
                    Best,
                    PA

Comment

nice!

very good looking coyote, i like the reddish color. how long did you have to call? did you use an injured rabbit scream?

Comment

• ericv
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2011

Nice looking Grendel. I especially like the upper.
                        Rock Hollow Tactical Carbon Fiber Free Float Hand Guards
                        www.rockhollowtactical.com

Comment

pretty nice coyote & great looking grendel setup

Comment

Originally posted by hydrotech View Post
                            very good looking coyote, i like the reddish color. how long did you have to call? did you use an injured rabbit scream?
                            He came in running right at 45 minutes. I've used few cottontail sounds with breaks in between, but he came to baby coon sound. The first yote took little over 40 minutes to call and he came to domestic cat and bird. I hunt just east of you in western KY. Pretty dense woods with farms and bird sanctuaries around so they have lots of cover and food.

Comment

Originally posted by lou400a View Post
                              He came in running right at 45 minutes. I've used few cottontail sounds with breaks in between, but he came to baby coon sound. The first yote took little over 40 minutes to call and he came to domestic cat and bird. I hunt just east of you in western KY. Pretty dense woods with farms and bird sanctuaries around so they have lots of cover and food.
                              Ahh cool western Kentucky! I have cousins that live on Kentucky lake near big bear resort. Yeah I'm not too far from western Kentucky, I'm 30 miles south of cape girardeau mo fairly close to the Mississippi river. Got plenty of coyotes here. I try to keep about ten barn cats to take care of rodents on the farm but coyotes get four or five every winter.

Comment

Working...
                              X